- Wash all produce before you start baking.
- Slice Mini Sweet Peppers and remove seeds. Using a blender or food processor, puree 1 ½ cups of Peppers and set aside. Finely dice the remaining Peppers.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- Crack your eggs into a separate measuring cup. Add milk, oil, and vanilla extract into egg mixture. Add the liquid ingredients, including the Pepper puree, to dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently mix the ingredients together. Add in the dried cranberries, orange zest, and half the diced Peppers, taking care not to overmix.
- Preheat oven to 350’ and lightly oil your muffin pans or line with paper muffin cups.
- Carefully fill each muffin cup to the brim with your batter and sprinkle the remaining diced Peppers onto the tops of each muffin.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes. Place muffins on rack to cool after baking.
Chef’s Tip: This recipe can easily be prepared in advance! Separately measure and prep the wet and dry ingredients a day or two in advance so that they are ready to combine and bake when you’ve got the time!