We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as Logistics Coordinator at our Sales office in Leamington, ON.
As a member of the Logistics team, the Logistics Coordinator is a highly motivated individual who facilitates front-line communications with customers, carriers, brokers, the Sales team, and the Shipping department. Their job is to ensure all supply chain operations processes run smoothly so that NatureFresh products make it to their destinations quickly and efficiently. The Logistics Coordinator maintains excellent customer service and facilitates accurate data entry, but they must have the ability to quickly problem solve and drive improvement processes when necessary.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure various documentation is verified and processed in the appropriate system
- Meet legal compliance requirements for all documentation and ensure it is completed according to customer requirements in an accurate and timely manner
- Communicate in a prompt and professional manner with customs brokers, agents, truckers and other parties
- Obtain the required documents from each party at different points of each shipment
- Work closely with the Sales department and other members of the supply chain to coordinate inbound/outbound freight using approved carriers
- Coordinate movement of cross border shipments (CAN/US, US/CAN & MX/US) and prepare all customs documentation, while ensuring timely clearance of all shipments
- Perform administrative tasks such as copying, filing, faxing and scanning documents
- Manage, track and trace freight updates
- Problem solve to resolve shipment issues that may occur
- Pursue continuous improvement opportunities
- 1-4 years of previous experience in a Logistics environment is preferred
- 1-2 years working experience/knowledge of Canadian and US customs regulations
- Possessing a general knowledge of warehouse operational processes is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) is essential
- Experience with JustFoods (or NAV based ERP) and Willson and/or Farrow (Broker system) are preferred
- Ability to maintain excellent oral and written communication skills while working in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate with various departments and external parties is essential
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are essential
- Must be a team player
- Available Monday through Saturday – hours will fluctuate according to business needs
- Must be able to work remotely as needed, including on weekends
- Fast-paced and dynamic office experience
Compensation will be based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to submit your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com or by fax at 519-326-6356. If you do not have a resume, please complete the information boxes below.