We are currently seeking an applicant to fill a full-time position as a 2nd Shift Shipping Supervisor at our Distribution Center in Delta, OH.
Job Details: The Shipping Supervisor oversees all areas in the shipping department. They ensure that all personnel in the shipping area are following all policies and procedures to ensures the final quality of the product, the sanitation of the Shipping department is upheld, and that all packed product is in the best condition for distribution. The Shipping Supervisor training is implemented when needed for all personnel in the shipping area.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring employees are aware of and follow all company policies and procedures
- Reporting all non-conformance to appropriate personnel
- Responsible for all “pick ticket” entries into Famous
- Entering various data entries into computer programs as needed
- Identifying pick ticket errors and working with appropriate personnel to make correcting entries
- Receiving transfer sheets for incoming product
- Ensuring bill of loading is included when assembling documentation to accompany shipments
- Performing driver “check in” and confirms carrier for shipments
- Coordinating release of the shipments with QC/Allocations Manager
- Ensures that various checks are performed including inspection of truck interior for each load
- Employee is able to complete all work duties and procedures efficiently, according to instructions given by supervisor and management
- Employee can complete duties with minimal supervision
- Employee can provide accurate information to their supervisor based on their knowledge of duties and responsibilities
- Employee is accustomed to all Health and Safety policies and procedures put out by NatureFresh
- Communication skills between employees and management
- Leadership, development, treating others with courtesy, sensitivity and respect are essential
- Attention to detail is essential
- Must have a commitment to continuous learning
- Must be able to make well-informed, effective and timely decisions
- Flexibility to change with new information and adapt to changing conditions and obstacles is essential
- Must be able to pass a background and drug test
- Employees must present themselves in a clean and professional manner
- Steel toe shoes/boots required in warehouse
- Availability must be open from Monday-Saturday, possible Sunday at times
- Hours will fluctuate according to the needs of the business
- Working with diverse cultural backgrounds in a team setting but also working very independently
Compensation will be based on experience. We offer a shift premium for second shift hours.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.