We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as an Assistant Warehouse Manager at our Sales department in Leamington, ON.
The Assistant Warehouse Manager assists the Warehouse Manager by overseeing daily warehouse operations across the Distribution Center, specifically in Production and Shipping/Receiving. They ensure food safety, proper packaging, shipping/receiving, labour, and training requirements are met. They work with management to resolve daily operational issues, improve employee training and productivity.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the on-time departure of all routes daily
- Train and develop team members to be successful in their roles
- Continuous improvement of pack line performance
- Reduction in picking errors and quality issues
- Promotion of a high performance, team-based culture, which is both challenging and rewarding
- Drive the pack line team to meet speed and accuracy targets, through daily engagement & motivation
- Design & train team members on Standard Operating Procedures for the pack line
- Monitor order accuracy and customer-error reports
- Coach the team for performance & accuracy
- Support managers & supervisors in managing day-to-day operations
- Engage and develop the team through coaching, support, and regular feedback
- Lead with a positive attitude and empathy, while ensuring that team members respect their peers and the requirements of their positions
- Managing of team including handling disciplinary action when required
- Other duties as assigned
- Some supervisory experience working in warehouse or produce managing staff, operations, etc. is preferred.
- Post-secondary experience in Management, Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Business, is preferred but not a requirement.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including good Excel skills.
- Very high degree of confidentiality and integrity required regarding all aspect of the business.
- Ability to gain trust and maintain respectful relationships with employees at all levels and across all departments is critical.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve complex problems with limited information and changing conditions.
- Critical thinking and ability to make decisions in a timely manner; good judgement and fairness are key.
- Effectively prioritizes work.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow directions.
- Comfortable with working in a fast-pace environment and with time sensitive deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to continuous learning.
- A valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle are required as needed.
- Spanish is a definite asset.
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas.
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting. These include offshore workers, locals, contractors, vendors, Management, Sales, Maintenance, Purchasing, HR, Compliance, IT etc.
- Works Monday-Saturday and holidays as needed, non-standard work hours. Flexibility with work schedule is required.
- There may be an occasional need for some heavy lifting (when needed).
- Balance between sitting, standing, and walking throughout the warehouse – some desk and office setting.
Salary/compensation will be based on experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.