We are currently looking to fill permanent full-time positions for Bio Scouts within our greenhouses.
Bio Scouts are essential members of our greenhouse operations as they are responsible for the monitoring and care of crops through biological control of diseases or pests. They provide valuable information to the growers and managers to ensure the proper care and wellbeing of the crops and allow us to grow at the scale we do at Nature Fresh Farms.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Inspection and monitoring of assigned sections of crops/plants for pests, biologicals, diseases or damage
- Distinguishing between different species of pests or disease to ensure proper documentation of findings and reporting to the Growers/Management in a timely manner
- Applying biologicals when necessary and implementing any plans that come up as a result of findings
- Removal and disposal of damaged plants in the appropriate manner
- Compliance with all Food Safety, Health & Safety and operational policies and procedures
- Assisting with the annual crop cleanout
- Minimum of 1-year Bio Scout experience is required
- Attention to detail is necessary
- Ability to complete duties with minimal supervision and comfort working independently
- Good communication skills both written and verbal are needed to work effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Ability to work at heights and utilize a scissor cart
- Climates within the greenhouses can vary from cold to very warm and can be humid at times
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time; some bending, crouching, kneeling and working at heights may be required
- Will have exposure to various pesticides and insects including bees
- Must be available Monday-Friday and on occasion Saturday`s
- Hours will fluctuate to reflect the ongoing needs of the business – average 40-55 hours be week
Salary: Compensation based on candidate’s experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to submit your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com or by fax at 519-326-6356. If you do not have a resume, please complete the information boxes below.