We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time Box Maker/Material Clerk position at our Distribution Center in Leamington, ON.
The Box Maker/Materials Clerk is responsible for ensuring our Production lines are fulfilled with the proper dry good materials and enough boxes are made in order to fulfill orders.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensures Production Lines are fulfilled and adequately stocked with the necessary dry good material ie. packaging film, calm shells, trays, etc.
- Ensures daily, weekly, and monthly cycle counts are being done accurately and in a timely manner.
- Reports cycle count numbers to Materials Analyst and Dry Goods Purchasing Manager.
- Assists with the paperwork for Dry Goods Inventory Clerk and Lead Hand.
- Performs necessary preparations for next shift by reviewing orders through NAV, and preparing the material needed.
- Performs necessary cleaning to ensure a sanitized and organized environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assembles boxes using box making machinery and equipment.
- Reports any hazardous equipment or machinery immediately to Maintenance and Lead Hand.
- Identifies any defects associated with the material and number of materials effected.
- Ensures box rows on Production floor are being filled.
- Ensures box demands listed on white board are being fulfilled.
- 1 year of Forklift experience required.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment, some independent work.
- Ability to work in a fast environment by multitasking and prioritizing work while being attentive to details and quality.
- Ability to embrace and adapt to the rapid growth, innovation, and development of the company.
- Safety Shoes.
- Must be available to work 6 days a week – steady day shift Monday to Friday, rotating ½ days on Saturdays or steady afternoons Sunday to Friday.
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas.
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting. These include offshore workers, locals, contractors and vendors, etc.
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day.
- Must be capable of lifting and handling heavy loads (up to 30 lbs.)
- Balance between sitting, standing and walking throughout the warehouse.
Compensation will be based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to submit your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com or by fax at 519-326-6356. If you do not have a resume, please complete the information boxes below.