Buffer Attendants are crucial members of our operation – they are essential for ensuring production moves forward every day. Without them, we would not be able to grow at the scale we do at Nature Fresh!
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Remove product from the Buffer system, weigh product, and apply sticker indicating the corresponding weight.
- Put product in designated area and rotates according to FIFO protocol.
- Keeps work area clean and organized.
- Monitors and makes necessary changes and corrections to the Buffer system as carts are entering, unloading, or exiting the system.
- Ensures that empty boxes and crates are available when needed for empty carts.
- Communicates with the Box maker, Packhouse Manager, and Greenhouse Labor Manager regarding any issues, concerns, or any suggestions for areas of improvement.
- Follows all Food Safety and Personal Safety protocols at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience is an asset – however, if the candidate shows commitment and a willingness to learn, we are willing to train.
- Position will require lifting up to 50lbs.
- Work setting can be moderately loud at times.
- Good communication skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Must be able to work Monday through Saturday and work unpredictable hours.
- Bilingual – English and Spanish would be an asset.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment screen (background and drug test).
- Safety shoes are required.
- Working with minimal supervision.
- Position will require walking and standing with extended amounts of time on your feet.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (including heat and cold).
- Fast paced environment, repetitive tasks.
- Physically demanding.
- Environment may be wet or damp at times.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms USA inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.