We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Commodity Coordinator at our Distribution Center in Leamington, ON.
The Commodity Coordinator determines the distribution of product as per production and shipping schedule requirements as soon as possible to enable maximum productivity in all areas. This position views order requirements and reviews items and quantities in stock to determine rework or build requirements, reviews the production plan ensuring all orders are being covered, run the shorts report and adjust items as required to fill orders. This position is working in an office setting, as well as in a warehouse setting.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Allocate all sales orders and workorders at the Distribution Centre a day in advance when possible.
- Manage inventory by making use of FIFO, LIFO and FEFO methods.
- Look at all product to determine quality grade before allocating it to sale orders and workorders.
- Enter workorders for items needing grading and some items to be built.
- Strategize with Production Scheduler for production planning based on current overall quality and supply.
- Review IB transfers, POs, returns, and grower packing to determine allocations.
- Evaluate daily truck ETAs to ensure allocated product will meet these times. In the case of late trucks, communicate this to the Commodity Manager/Shipping team during the Daily operations meetings.
- Look at all product on a daily basis when evaluating and planning allocations.
- Through the guidance of the Commodity Manager, develop creative solutions when roadblocks present themselves.
- Provide the Sales Team with allowance requests when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Positive attitude with an enthusiasm to work and learn.
- Previous experience in a produce warehouse setting considered an asset.
- Experience working with Excel and MS Dynamics Nav (or other ERP systems) considered an asset.
- Excellent communication is a must for this role.
- Ability to maintain respectful relationships at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment, some independent work.
- Ability to work in a fast environment by multitasking and prioritizing work while being attentive to details and quality.
- Ability to embrace and adapt to the rapid growth, innovation, and development of the company.
- Must be available to work extended hours including weekends, after hours and holidays as needed.
- Safety shoes are mandatory.
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas.
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting.
- There may be an occasional need for some heavy lifting and bending, twisting, and reaching as needed.
- Balance between sitting, standing, and walking throughout the warehouse – some desk work.
- Full time hours Monday to Friday with half day Saturdays and holidays as needed.
Salary/compensation will be based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply by email at email@example.com , by fax at 519-326-6356 or through indeed.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.