We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Commodity Coordinator Lead at our Distribution Center in Leamington, ON.
The Commodity Coordinator Lead assists the Quality Manager by communicating, training, planning, and coordinating the various tasks of the Commodity Coordinator Team at our Distribution Center in Leamington, ON. This position will also oversee/assist with order requirements and cross-references current inventory, inbound grower product, and inbound purchased product to determine rework, build, and shipment requirements on a daily/weekly basis.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Communicates regularly with the Commodity Coordinator team to ensure they are aware and follow their responsibilities and all company policies and procedures.
- Provides hands-on training and follow up to new hires; however, training, development and coaching occur on an ongoing basis throughout the department.
- Plans, delegates, and leads their team to improve performance and standards of quality through motivation and encouragement.
- Manage inventory by making use of FIFO, LIFO and FEFO methods.
- Ensure proper rotation is being followed by Shipping and Repack departments, communicate issues in daily inventory meetings.
- Resolve after hours Allocation and Quality issues as required/needed.
- Knowledgeable of all other Commodity Coordinator job duties and departmental processes/procedures to cover vacations and absences as required.
- Daily communication, collaboration, and coordination with respective Commodity Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of Commodity/Allocation experience.
- Previous Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to coach, delegate, provide direction to staff and resolve issues fairly.
- Experience working with Excel and MS Dynamics Nav (or other ERP systems) considered an asset.
- Excellent communication is a must for this role (oral and written).
- Ability to maintain respectful relationships at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment, some independent work.
- Ability to work in a fast environment by multitasking and prioritizing work while being attentive to details and quality.
- Ability to embrace and adapt to the rapid growth, innovation, and development of the company.
- A valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle are required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and take corrective action as needed.
- Ability to address difficult situations confidentiality, professionally, and respectfully.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including weekends and extended hours if needed.
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas.
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting. These include guest workers, locals, and vendors, etc.
- Full time hours Monday to Friday with Saturdays and holidays (as needed).
- There may be an occasional need for some heavy lifting and bending, twisting, and reaching as needed.
- Balance between sitting, standing and walking throughout the warehouse – some desk work.
- Full time hours Monday to Friday with half day Saturdays and holidays as needed.
Salary/compensation will be based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply by fax at 519-326-6356 or through Indeed or NatureFresh Farms website.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.