We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Commodity Coordinator at our Sales department in Leamington, ON.
The Commodity Coordinator determines the distribution of product as per production and shipping schedule requirements as soon as possible to enable maximum productivity in all areas. This position views order requirements and reviews items and quantities in stock to determine rework or build requirements, reviews the production plan ensuring all orders are being covered, run the shorts report and adjust items as required to fill orders. This position is working in an office setting, as well as in a warehouse setting.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work alongside the respective Commodity Manager to fill orders appropriately
- Monitoring emails for all sales that come through and following up with team members to ensure that all sales and customer requests and specifications are met. (i.e. production scheduler, allocator, shipping)
- Customs and Food Safety – ensure proper country of origin product is assigned to shipments and production runs.
- Reviews the production plan ensuring all orders are being covered and adjust items as required to fill orders.
- Inventory Management – run reports on aged inventory ensuring FIFO is being met, part pallets are being consumed.
- Previous experience in a produce warehouse setting would be considered an asset.
- Experience and comfort in working with computers and software programs, specifically inventory systems and Excel.
- Excellent communication abilities, active listening skills and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment, some independent work.
- Ability to work in a fast environment by multitasking and prioritizing work while being attentive to details and quality.
- Ability to embrace and adapt to the rapid growth, innovation, and development of the company.
- Safety shoes are mandatory.
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas.
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting. These include offshore workers, locals, contractors, and vendors, etc.
- There may be an occasional need for some heavy lifting (when needed).
- Balance between sitting, standing, and walking throughout the warehouse – some desk and forklift driving are required.
Salary/compensation will be based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply by fax at 519-326-6356 or through indeed.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.