We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Commodity Manager at our distribution center operation in Delta, OH.
Overview: The Commodity Manager oversees the Commodity department, allocate product as per production and shipping schedule requirements as soon as possible to enable maximum productivity in all areas. Commodity Manager views order requirements and reviews items and quantities in stock to determine rework or build requirements, Reviews the production plan, ensuring all orders are being covered, run the shorts report, and adjust items as required to fill orders. Communicates with Sales, Farm, and Packing about inventory fluctuations and product requirements.
• Oversees and directs all functions of Allocation and Short-term planning
• Manages all levels of inventory, running daily reports for all warehouses
• Ensures FIFO/FEFO is maintained at all times, supports production as required
• Oversees production orders ensuring product is being packed at appropriate facilities reducing costs at all locations
• Works with Production Management to correct and address any packing issues at all facilities, ensuring customer specs are being adhered to
• Provides vacation coverage via competent employees or personally for all positions within the allocation department as required when employees are absent
• Enforces company policies and procedures, maintains a safe work environment at all times
• Review production schedule, ensuring completion in a timely manner, product is being run in the correct order, and supports all aspects of the business.
• Continuous improvement processes
• Supports Production Supervisor and Production Planner as required.
• Manage other duties as assigned
• Ensure that product is allocated (by tag number if required) based on FIFE, quality specification, and allowable size
• Monitoring Sales Order emails for all sales that come through and following up with team members to ensure all production and required product will be available in a time for shipping and production. (i.e. Production Scheduler, Allocator, Shipping)
• Work closely with Farms to ensure maximum product efficiency is used (example: reducing repack charges and ensuring weight is not lost through overweight unnecessarily and correct amount of no PLU product for packing is packed)
• Ensure packing schedules for both farm and dc’s are in line with shipping requirements and addressing production issues immediately if there is a delay in production
• Creating allocations to support repacking.
• Review allocations to ensure they are followed throughout the day and were followed the day prior
• Customs – Ensure proper country of origin is assigned to shipments
• Inventory Management – Run daily reports on aged inventory ensuring FIFO is being met, part pallets are being consumed
• Co-ordinate production meetings twice daily and address all product requirements
• Service and maintain production at all hours of the day ensuring they have enough product and correct size and spec to meet the needs of our customers
• Ensure Growers adhering to require specifications and commitments such as packing times, pack sizes, picking colour and etc.
• 2-3 years direct experience or 4 years indirect experience in produce industry
• Possess extremely strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
• Strong analytical and leadership abilities are required
• Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines within in a fast-paced environment
• Strong working experience with Microsoft Office an asset
• Demonstrating knowledge of Lean Manufacturing systems or Six Sigma is preferred
• ERP systems (like Microsoft NAV) experience considered an asset
• Spanish is an asset
• This position works in an office and warehouse setting with possible travel to greenhouse operations required
• Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting. These include offshore workers, locals, contractors, and vendors, etc.
• Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas to warmer environments in the warehouse.
• Working with minimal supervision during the day, but also communicating with different individuals and teams across our facilities and from external organizations
• Balance between sitting, standing, and walking throughout the warehouse.
• Expected to work daytime hours Monday – Saturday, hours my fluctuate according to business needs
• Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day
• Must be capable of lifting and handling heavy loads (up to 30 lbs.)
Compensation: Based on experience
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply in person at 9250 US HWY 20A. By Fax at (419) 330-1406, or through www.naturefresh.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms USA Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.