We are currently seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a full-time Commodity Manager within our Sales Allocation department in Leamington, ON.
The Commodity Manager plans activities related to the optimized movement of product within their area of responsibility. They work closely with procurement of a commodity, from intent to purchase through to delivery of commodity.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide Procurement team with weekly forecasts up to 5 weeks out based on projected sales volumes while taking into consideration contracted product as well as internal grower product
- Develop and execute a daily/weekly sourcing strategy to meet quality, delivery, and production requirements
- Develop and maintain strong personal relationships with internal and external growers
- Ensure supplier development efforts are aligned with the sourcing and quality assurance strategies
- Manage product implementation efforts at key suppliers – including coordination of Quality approvals
- Provide support to procurement to ensure the product delivery schedule supports production and shipping requirements
- Maximize capacity across all Nature Fresh facilities by strategizing transfers and delivery locations
- 2-3 years direct experience or 4 years indirect experience in produce industry
- Possess extremely strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong analytical and leadership abilities are required
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines within in a fast-paced environment
- Strong working experience with Microsoft Office an asset
- Demonstrating knowledge of Lean Manufacturing systems or Six Sigma is preferred
- Microsoft NAV experience considered an asset
- This position works in and office setting, warehouse setting with some travel between greenhouse operations required
- The greenhouse/warehouse environment can be very hot, humid, or cold
- The greenhouse environment may have bees, bugs, and pests
- Working with minimal supervision during the day, but also communicating with different individuals and teams across our facilities and from external organizations
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day
- Hours – Monday to Saturday. Flexibility with work schedule required
Salary/Compensation will be based on experience.