Are you a gifted writer with an entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature? We are looking for an experienced Communications and Content Manager to join our team. We need someone to ensure brand consistency with tone, word choice, and overall messaging across all marketing touchpoints. The perfect candidate is not only passionate, detail-oriented, and accurate, but also thrives in a collaborative environment and communicates with honesty and kindness.
Reporting to Stephanie Swatkow, Director of Marketing, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning digital content calendars on a quarterly basis to include email, blog and social media content based upon relevant holidays, calendar events, and pertinent Nature Fresh Farms news (including, but not limited to, hires, product launches, expansions, and new planting seasons).
- Creating blog content independently.
- Creating email campaign content independently and with the assistance of a third-party agency.
- Creating social media content independently.
- Updating/creating new content for main website.
- Creating content for internal emails (announcements to all users)
- Creating content for tradeshows and publications.
- Assisting the HR department in creating new job advertisements.
- Creating copy for a variety of marketing materials, including advertisements, presentations, and other projects as they arise.
- Proofreading inward and outward-facing messaging to ensure proper grammar and punctuation, as well as overall consistency of brand tone.
- Staying up to date on social media and marketing trends, as well as finding sources of creativity to constantly keep our content fresh, tap into trends early and maximize our presence on different channels.
- Monitoring marketing activity within the competitive landscape.
- Proofing/Creating content for projects within other departments.
- Performing all other duties as required to support overall project completion and success.
- A college diploma or University degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism is an asset.
- Five or more years of proven work experience as a Marketing Content Writer, Social Media Manager, or similar role.
- Experience performing research using multiple sources.
- Excellent writing, communication, grammar, and storytelling skills.
- High degree of confidentiality regarding company-related matters.
- Extensive skills in WordPress, HTML, Mailchimp, Hootsuite, as well as command of Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- A solid understanding of branding and adherence to brand guidelines.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to successfully manage tasks and projects independently; strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly re-prioritize and react positively with short notice of changes.
- Ability to work competently with exceptional accuracy in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment that is challenging and constantly evolving.
- Strong attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency to complete tasks/follow up.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills: maturity, positive attitude and demonstrated success in liaising with all levels of management and a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability and comfort with taking and giving constructive feedback.
Interview candidates will be requested to share writing samples.
- This position works in an office setting in a collaborative team environment.
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day.
- Fulltime – Monday to Friday. Flexibility with work schedule required based upon project deadlines and workload.
Salary: Based on experience
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to send your resume by fax 519-326-6356, through Indeed, or company website. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Nature Fresh Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.