We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as Corporate Compliance Administrator at our Sales Office in Leamington, ON.
The Corporate Compliance Administrator assists the Director of Compliance in monitoring the Corporate Compliance program that reviews and evaluates food and health and safety compliance within the organization. This position plays an important role in ensuring that all departments are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies and that company policies and procedures are being followed.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitors and maintains vendor/grower/supplier/organic performance, approval maintenance and activity status
- Support resolution of vendor/grower quality concerns
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to prevent potential issues
- Main point of contact for vendors/customers for food safety/organic documentation requirements
- Ensures vendor/grower/supplier integrity of HACCP, SQF, Primus GFS and Organic Systems
- Develops and updates Organic Production, and Food Safety manuals
- Supports customer, vendor and agency audits and participates as necessary
- Maintain customer KPI administration through Customer KPI Portals
- Ensures compliance with customer requirements
- Conduct product traceability and recall capabilities based on customer specifications, label approvals, and lot control using internal software programs like ERP and Power BI
- Maintains internal quality system policies, procedures, and documents
- Maintains and promotes food and health & safety procedures in accordance to changing legislative requirements including CFIA, USDA, OHSA and third-part auditors
- Provide information related to changing food and health & safety laws as they concern the company
- Assists with food and health and safety training, investigations of non-conformities, and development of SOPs
- Support new product development and procurement teams through the evaluation and approval of raw material vendors
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 or more years in proven experience in the agricultural/produce industry and/or food safety field
- Post-secondary education in Food Safety/Quality Assurance is preferred but not a requirement or extensive knowledge in food industry quality systems (GFSI, FSMA, SFCR, etc.)
- Proficiency in working with computers and software programs, specifically ERP, KPI Portals and Microsoft Office more specifically Excel
- Excellent communication abilities, active listening skills and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain respectful relationships at all levels within and outside the organization
- Must be hands-on and process oriented, always looking to improve processes
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment, some independent work
- Ability to work in a fast environment by multitasking and prioritizing work while being attentive to details and quality
- Ability to embrace and adapt to the rapid growth, innovation, and development of the company
- Valid drivers license and use of personal vehicle are required
- Valid passport and ability/willingness to cross US/Canada borders
- Spanish considered an asset
- A mixture between Greenhouse, Warehouse, and office settings
- Greenhouse environment can be very hot, humid, moist, depending on season
- Greenhouse environment has bees, bugs, and pests
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas
- Office setting – walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting. These include offshore workers, locals, contractors, and vendors, etc.
- There may be an occasional need for some heavy lifting (when needed)
- Full time hours Monday to Friday with half day Saturdays
Compensation will be based on experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.