Division/Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Human Resources Supervisor – DC
For the purpose of clarity, Nature Fresh Farms Sales Inc. and Nature Fresh Farms Inc. shall be referred to as Nature Fresh.
At Nature Fresh Farms, we are continuously looking to innovate, develop and design an environment that fosters energy, education, equality, and inspiration. We grow not only plants but also people by empowering and promoting advancement. With this focus, we have created a competitive advantage both with our produce and our people.
The HR Recruiter/Administrator is responsible for supporting the company by actively recruiting for entry level and reoccurring position at our Distribution Center. This entails full cycle recruitment from advertising, screening candidates, interviewing candidates, providing candidate recommendations and coordinate with the hiring committee. This position will also be assisting the Distribution Centre HR team by performing a variety of administrative tasks.
Health and Safety
Ensure that safety procedures are followed at all times. The use of location prescribed Personal Protective Equipment (PPE’s) and supply list listed under Job Specific duties is mandatory. All Health and Safety policies and procedures established by management must be followed at all times. All Health and Safety policies and procedures pertaining to this position will be initially trained at orientation, and in refresher training completed annually or as needed. A hardcopy of the Health and Safety policies and procedures Handbook pertaining to Nature Fresh is located in the employee break area, in the Human Resources office, or online on the company web for review at any time. Any non-conformance or inquiries pertaining to health and safety must be brought to the attention of your supervisor and will be dealt with accordingly.
Workplace harassment will not be tolerated from any person in the workplace. Harassment can arise from a variety of sources, such as customers, clients, employers, supervisors, other workers, intimate partners, or family members. Everyone in the workplace must be dedicated to preventing workplace harassment. Managers, supervisors, and workers are expected to uphold this policy at all times and will be held accountable by the employer. For further explanation, please refer to the Employee Handbook or Health and Safety board.
Proper handling and all food safety policies and procedures established by management must be followed at all times. All food safety policies and procedures pertaining to this position will be initially trained at orientation, and in refresher training completed annually or as needed. A hardcopy of the Food Safety policies and procedures Handbook pertaining to Nature Fresh is located in the employee break area, in the Human Resources office, or online on the company web for review at any time. Any non-conformance or inquiries pertaining to food safety must be brought to the attention of your supervisor and will be dealt with accordingly.
Job Specific Duties
- Full cycle recruitment for the Distribution Center including onboarding of new hires and orientations.
- Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience.
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, transfers and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
- Answering candidates’ questions and ensure proper and timely follow-up with candidates and hiring team.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, social media, and referral programs, etc.
- Work with hiring managers to create and maintain job descriptions.
- Source and attract candidates by using job posting databases, social media, etc.
- Alongside Marketing, prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to appropriate job board/newspapers/colleges, etc.
- Promoting the company’s reputation and attractiveness as a good employment opportunity.
- Organize and participate in recruitment initiatives such as job fairs, advertising, networking, etc.
- Manage the door card system for new employees.
- Maintain contact with the school board for all employees that are under 18 (SALEP and Access) and local colleges/universities.
- Assist with the planning of company events.
- Maintaining current HR files both hard copy and electronic including filing.
- Assisting the DC HR Supervisor with day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties by providing clerical and administrative support.
- Assist and coordinate all employee training related to Human Resources and updated/new company policies or procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A certificate in Human Resource Management is preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience as an HR Assistant/Recruiter would be considered an asset.
- A very high degree of confidentiality with regards to all employee and company-related matters.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with employees and management at all levels and across all departments in a professional, unbiased, and productive manner.
- Strong reading, writing, oral communication, and effective listening skills are essential.
- Ability to maintain respectful and professional relationships at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Multi-tasking, time management and prioritizing skills are essential.
- Must be attentive to details and have a strong sense of urgency to complete tasks/follow up.
- Good working knowledge of computers and MS Office, specifically Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to embrace and adapt to the rapid growth, innovation, and development of the company – flexibility is key.
- Strong problem-solving skills required to analyze/solve problems and any unforeseen concerns that may arise.
- A valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle are required.
- Office setting – walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day.
- Works with a diverse group of people internally and externally.
- Works Monday-Friday (8:00am-5:00pm), with occasional Saturdays and holidays as needed. Hours may fluctuate according to business needs.
- Mostly in an office setting.
- Balance between sitting, standing, and walking.
- There may be an occasional need for some heavy lifting (when needed).
- Ability to bend, twist, reach, etc.
- May be required to visit locations that require walking/standing that may be in a cold warehouse or hot greenhouse setting.
- May be required to participate in job fairs or other recruitment events that may require walking/standing for long periods of time.
- Travel and personal use of vehicle required for offsite meetings, job fairs, training, etc.
- This position directly reports to the HR Supervisor, DC. In the event of an absence, the Senior HR Manager, Sales/DC should be contacted.