We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Quality Control Manager for our Distribution Centre in Leamington, ON.
The Quality Control Manager is responsible for ensuring products meet set standards of quality through implementing internal/external quality requirements to meet customer expectations. They will collaborate with other departments throughout the Company to implement procedures, systems, and standards of operation. They also establish procedures and processes or sampling, recording, and reporting quality of data to ensure quality standards are being adhered to.
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Ensure the success and management of the Quality Control and Commodity Coordinator Team by coaching and advising the Supervisors and team on how to improve their productivity, training, and overall performance.
- Investigate customer complaints and complete corrective actions.
- Report department updates to Management and Director of Operations.
- Maintain KPIs.
- Ensure adequate staffing for number of inspections.
- Monitors, audits and enforce Quality programs/processes for effectiveness throughout the entire department and updates and provides training as needed.
- Manages quality assurance metrics for performance improvement of all teams.
- Manages all quality-related internal and external audits, including customers, SQF, and other third parties for the Leamington Distribution Center.
- Troubleshoots quality issues that affect quality performance of all products.
- Ensures delivery against QA department goals and objectives, i.e. meeting commitments, audits and coordinating overall quality assurance schedule.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality through demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness.
- Knowledge in day-to-day Commodity/Allocation responsibilities.
- Troubleshoot escalated issues/concerns from Commodity Coordinator Lead.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of Quality Control experience at a senior level.
- 2-3 years of demonstrated abilities in managing a team including coaching, employee development and achieving performance goals.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with challenging topics.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Ability to maintain respectful relationships at all levels within and outside the direct organization while working in a fast-paced environment with time sensitive deadlines.
- Very high degree of confidentiality and integrity required regarding all aspects of the business.
- Displays strong initiative and able to work independently with little direction, within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Excel and computer skills with focused knowledge on Nav/ERP.
- Exceptional communication abilities, active listening skills and written communication skills.
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting. These include offshore workers, locals, contractors, and vendors, etc.
- Must be available for day shift Monday – Saturday, hours my fluctuate according to business needs
Salary: Based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply by fax at 519-326-6356, through Indeed, or company website. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Nature Fresh Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.