We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Director of Packaging at our Office in Leamington, ON.
The Director of Packaging will be responsible for hiring, training, developing, and mentoring a Packaging Team to cross-functional excellence. This person will oversee the ideation, development, design, and execution of all packaging. With a hands-on strategy, the Director of Packaging must be conceptual and detail-oriented while thinking outside of the box to manage a team that will effectively execute the entire packaging line up to enhance the consumer experience internally and externally.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing key packaging development and research initiatives which are critical to the successful achievement of business goals.
- Offer enhanced operational initiatives to ensure a distinct business center profitability focus while dealing with all corporate divisions globally.
- Offer a unique consultative and decision-making perspective utilizing knowledge of innovative packaging systems and budgetary finance considerations to ensure profitable oriented departmental programs.
- Possess a strong understanding of interrelated purchasing and packaging systems best practices and capital equipment purchasing.
- Intrapreneurial ability to self-initiate and grow department while liaising with cross-functional teams.
- Present reports and business cases for improvement to executive teams.
- Develop and execute projects which will achieve the results required for meeting business objectives.
- Effectively work with employees/teams and manage multiple Research & Development projects from start to finish, including but not limited to ideation, technical scoping, work plan development, initial/pilot/validation trails, project scale up, and closure.
- Work cross-functionally with all departments (specifically Operations, Purchasing and Marketing) establishing expectations and aligning efforts both internally and externally (suppliers).
- Oversees and continues to expand and strengthen the department with culture driven leadership that attracts high level skilled local employees to fill current and future labor demand.
- Provides leadership to Packaging/Inventory teams, ensuring all performance standards and objectives are met, and provides a direct evaluation of staff progress as it relates to his or her roles within the department as well as across the organization. Provides feedback and coaching to employees.
- Under the guidance of Human Resources, participate in interviews and hiring process of departmental positions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have 3 plus years of procurement related experience with successful demonstration in leading and managing a team including coaching, employee development and achieving performance goals.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and ERP systems.
- Exceptional communication abilities, active listening skills, and written communication skills.
- Very high degree of confidentiality and integrity required regarding all aspects of the business.
- Ability to build and maintain respectful relationships at all levels within and outside the organization,
- Strong troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve complex problems with limited information and changing conditions.
- Critical thinking and ability to make decisions in a timely manner; good judgement and fairness are key.
- Must be hands-on and process oriented, always looking to improve processes.
- Must have strong follow through and prioritization as many tasks require constant follow-up.
- Displays strong initiative and ability to work independently with little direction, within a fast-paced environment.
- A valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle are required as needed.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel locally and internationally are required.
- Must be committed to continuous learning as every day presents new information and exciting challenges.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including weekends and extended hours if needed.
- Spanish is a definite asset.
- Mainly office setting with some warehouse/greenhouse as needed – walking sitting and standing throughout the day.
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting.
- Full time hours Monday to Friday with Saturdays and holidays (as needed).
- There may be an occasional need for some heavy lifting (when needed).
- Some travel to different locations within and outside of Canada as needed.
Salary/compensation will be based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply by email at firstname.lastname@example.org , by fax at 519-326-6356 or through indeed.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.