We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Food Loss Recovery Coordinator at our greenhouse operation in Leamington, ON.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Generate summarized inventory sheet in the morning for yourself and the commodity teams
- Look at every pallet of product to determine product quality on a daily basis
- When products begin to break down, inform the respective Commodity Manager
- Determine when products are not moving fast enough to avoid quality defects and inform the Commodity Manager/Sales team
- Estimate shelf life of products with photos, when requested
- Re-work small quantities of product in preparation of sales
- Review picks from Forklift drivers and assist in locating products on the floor
- Tag donation order product for the shipping/commodities teams
- Tag pallets and compile paperwork for dump invoicing
- Send out bi-weekly dump summaries on bulks items with root-cause analysis dumps
- 1-year minimum produce experience
- Some forklift experience required, some Office 365 experience an asset
- Previous experience in produce and waste management would be considered an asset.
- Strong reading, writing, oral communication, and effective listening are essential skills.
- Able to work well with minimal supervision for the majority of the day.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and attention to detail are essential.
- Respectful, positive attitude, flexible, accountable, approachable, and dependable.
- Committed to continuous learning as every day presents new information and exciting challenges.
- Must be available to work Monday through Saturday and holidays as needed; an average of 45-50 hours per week.
- Safety shoes are mandatory
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas.
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting. These include offshore workers, locals, contractors, and vendors, etc.
- Must be available steady day shift: Monday through Friday 6am-3pm, 6am-10am on Saturdays. Hours can fluctuate according to the needs of the business.
- There may be an occasional need for some heavy lifting (when needed).
- Balance between sitting, standing, and walking throughout the warehouse – some desk and forklift driving are required.
Compensation will be based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply in person at 634 Mersea Rd 7, by fax at 519-326-6356
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted