Nature Fresh Farms is a Canadian-based greenhouse company with facilities in Leamington, ON and Delta, OH. Our company and its innovative, dynamic team are expanding every day, growing new plant varieties and introducing cutting-edge ideas and practices to the fresh produce industry. However, at Nature Fresh Farms, we don’t just grow plants – we also grow people. Our team is passionate about bringing the highest quality products to consumers, but it is also committed to creating an inspiring, diverse, and team-oriented workplace environment that everyone can enjoy. Nature Fresh Farms is a recognized leader within the greenhouse farming industry – join our team and help us continue to grow!
The Forklift Driver is responsible for using a forklift to load, unload, move, stack, stage and count product and material. They also maintain the cleanliness of the greenhouse and warehouse floors and garbage bins. The Forklift Operator is a critical part of the team that keeps those valuable loads moving on time and work areas free of debris.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed to ensure that the product has not been contaminated.
- Transferring garbage to the garbage bins located outside- compost/garbage.
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations. Product must be efficiently stacked and stored in appropriate areas.
- Ensure that inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift and other equipment.
- Ensure all walkways are kept free of debris to prevent slips, trips and falls as well as clean up any items lying around such as cords, baskets etc.
- Provide the packing lines with the correct produce from inventory based on the order.
- Complete various cleaning tasks throughout the facility. The warehouse must stay organized, and FIFO must be always practiced.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
- Maintain appropriate records and reports to guarantee tight inventory control.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- During cleanout season, the Warehouse Forklift Operator assists in the greenhouse however necessary.
- Ensure that plant clips are readily available by all bathrooms.
- Take out and tag broken scissor crats and bring in fixed carts if needed.
- Ensure that all floors and walkways are clean by first sweeping up any debris. Follow up using the Zamboni.
- It is imperative that manufacturer’s instructions are always followed.
- Thoroughly clean and use appropriate cleaning chemicals to help stop food poisoning and/or bacteria from spreading.
- Follow the cleaning schedule and use the cleaning log to make sure that surfaces are cleaned at the appropriate times. Example: following the pickers right after they have completed a walkway, working necessary time periods to get the job done
- Forklift training must be completed.
- Must be safety conscious at all times and follow all Occupational Health and Safety Act regulations.
- Must be attentive and a logical thinker.
- Must take the responsibility very seriously and be very careful with product and safety of self and others.
- Written and verbal communication and good listening skills are a must.
- Safety shoes are required.
- Hours will fluctuate according to the ongoing needs of the business.
- The warehouse may be hot or cooled.
- Working with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Walking, sitting, standing, bending, twisting, crouching, and kneeling throughout the day.
- Lifting and handling heavy loads (up to 50lbs) while performing repetitive movements.
- Lab coats, hairnets, and gloves are provided.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply in person at 9250 US 20A, Delta, OH 43515, by fax at 419-875-3007, or through www.naturefresh.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms USA Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.