As part of the Warehouse team, the Forklift Driver is responsible for ensuring products are received, shipped, and handled in a timely, accurate and safe manner, and equipment is maintained.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Loading and unloading of trucks, unpacking received goods.
- Inspection and verification of all shipments and incoming goods against packing slips
- Sorting shipments and distributing product once they have been unloaded.
- Undertake physical inventory counts and stock checks.
- Material handling
- Delivery of materials to the appropriate storage area or department.
- Updating and maintaining all necessary paperwork in an accurate and timely matter.
- Preparing packing slips and ensuring coordination with driver.
- Performing work accurately and meet or exceeds daily workload requirements.
- Ensuring equipment maintenance program is maintained and all safety measures and requirements are met.
- Ensuring work areas are safe, clean and organized at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fast paced environment; must be attentive to details and quality.
- Problem solving – identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; look for methods of improvement.
- Observe safety and security procedures; report potentially unsafe conditions, use equipment and materials properly.
- Working with minimal supervision in a team environment; some independent work
- Fast paced work environment; must be attentive to details and quality.
- Forklift experience is an asset.
- Safety shoes are mandatory.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Must be available to work from Monday through Saturday – hours range from 40-55 per week and will fluctuate according to the needs of the business.
- Flexibility to change with new information.
- Working with a team of people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Steady afternoons – 11-12 start time, 8-10 hour shifts
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day.
- Must be capable of lifting and handling heavy loads (up to 30 lbs.).
Salary – $20/hour
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply by fax at 519-326-6356, through Indeed, or company website. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.