As a member of the Logistics Team, the Freight Analyst is a highly motivated individual who collects, analyzes, maintains, and reports data in a manner that provides visibility and better decision-making capabilities for the management team across the Sales company. The Freight Analyst must have the ability to quickly problem solve and drive improvement processes when necessary.
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Collect, record, and analyze data using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports on pre-identified products across the Sales company as it relates to freight costs and route optimization.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies to provide efficiency, quality, and ease of information for the logistics team and senior management.
- Use data to answer key questions about the business.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends and patterns.
- Investigate and analyze data problems and issues; and provide recommendations for resolutions.
- Work with and take direction from management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Maintain and monitor dashboards, ongoing reports, carrier performance scorecards and any additional reporting requests from the organization.
- Perform analyses and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making.
- Once a sound understanding of the reporting has been developed, provide training and education to managers and their team, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years’ experience in data, analytics, or a related function involving quantitative data analysis to solve problems.
- 2+ years’ experience working with various analytics software and data warehousing environments.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy to find, spot and fix data discrepancies.
- Good communication and presentation skills both written and verbal, including the ability to produce clear and well-organized documentation.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels, collaboration with staff both in Logistics and Sales company is an integral part of the role.
- Willingness to be proactive and hands on in understanding and verifying plans or follow up on discrepancies.
- Very high degree of confidentiality and integrity required regarding all aspects of the business.
- A valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle are required as needed.
- Strong team player, as well as an ability to work independently.
- This position works in an office setting in a collaborative team environment.
- Working with minimal supervision during the day, but also communicating with different individuals and teams across our facilities.
- Hours – Monday through Friday – Saturdays/holidays, if/when required.
Salary: Based on experience.