The Gatekeeper works closely with the Warehouse Supervisor; tracking and ensuring proper tagging of all products that make their way through the production area. The Gatekeeper is also responsible for properly distributing all pack and box labels.
- Ensuring that all boxes are counted and/or weighed and that all pallets are tagged as they enter and leave the Warehouse.
- Making all box labels and packaging stickers for all orders.
- Monitoring #2 products and dumped products on each line to ensure that they are properly isolated, counted/weighed and reported for each supplier.
- Providing details about #2 products and dumped products to the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Confirming the count on all pallets and tagging al pallets before they leave their respective lines.
- Ensuring ongoing communication with Line Leads and Warehouse Supervisor.
- Accurately completing all related documentation and paperwork as required.
- Reporting operational issues or delays to the Warehouse Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Experience with computers, specifically Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Reading, writing, oral communication, and effective listening skills are essential job tools.
- Organization and attention to detail is essential.
- Good performance in your previous role is essential.
- Previous experience as a Gatekeeper is an asset.
- Patient, respectful and able to direct employees effectively.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure or tight constantly changing deadlines.
- Must be available to work from Monday-Saturday – hours will fluctuate according to the needs of the business – average 50-55 hours per week.
- Working in cool and warm environments
- Time spent in production area and office setting.
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day.
- Team-oriented environment with some independent work.
- Working with a team made up of people from different cultural backgrounds.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary – Will depend on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply by fax at 519-326-6356, through Indeed, or company website. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.