Nature Fresh Farms is a Canadian-based greenhouse company with facilities in Delta, OH, Laredo, TX, and Leamington, ON. Our company and its innovative, dynamic team are expanding every day, growing new plant varieties, and introducing cutting-edge ideas and practices to the fresh produce industry. However, at Nature Fresh Farms, we don’t just grow plants – we also grow people. Our team is passionate about bringing the highest quality products to consumers, but it is also committed to creating an inspiring, diverse, and team-oriented workplace environment that everyone can enjoy. Nature Fresh Farms is a recognized leader within the greenhouse farming industry – join our team and help us continue to grow!
We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a General Labor at our Greenhouse in Delta, OH.
General Laborers are crucial members of our operation – they are essential for ensuring production moves forward every day. Without them, we would not be able to grow at the scale we do at Nature Fresh! General Laborers are taught all the skills necessary to work safely and efficiently, and they are expected to perform a wide array of tasks. A General Laborer will often be assigned to specific tasks that are most suited towards their skill set and previous experience.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with crop start up by placing coco slabs, placing drip hose, rolling out CO2 hose, planting, tying strings, clipping plants, applying biologicals, etc.
- Maintaining the crop by clipping, twisting, suckering, de-leafing, fruit pruning, lowering the plants, applying solution to scrapes, etc.
- Preparing product for market by picking the product, sorting product, packaging product, box making, stacking, cart driving, etc.
- Helping with the greenhouse clean out stringing, rolling out tarp, removing plants, sweeping, removing plant debris, washing, and sanitizing the greenhouse.
- General Cleanup will be expected in all areas of the greenhouse and packing facility on a continuous basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience is an asset – however, if the candidate shows commitment and a willingness to learn, we are willing to train.
- Good communication skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Must be able to work Monday through Saturday and work unpredictable hours.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment screens (background and drug test).
- Working with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to stand long periods of time, bending, crouching, kneeling.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Fast paced environment, repetitive tasks.
- Physically demanding.
- Working at heights.
- Environment may be wet or damp at times.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply in person at 9250 US 20A, Delta, OH 43515, by fax at 419-875-3007, or through www.naturefresh.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms USA Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.