General Laborers are crucial members of our operation – they are essential for ensuring production moves forward every day. Without them, we would not be able to grow at the scale we do at Nature Fresh! General Laborers are taught all the skills necessary to work safely and efficiently, and they are expected to perform a wide array of tasks. A General Laborer will often be assigned to specific tasks that are most suited towards their skill set and previous experience.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Crop Start-up: Placing coco slabs, placing drip hose, rolling out CO2 hose, planting, tying strings, clipping plants, applying biologicals, etcetera
- Crop Maintenance: Clipping, twisting, suckering, de-leafing, fruit pruning, lowering the plants, applying solution to scrapes, etcetera
- Product Prep for Market: Picking the product, sorting product, packaging product, box making, stacking, cart driving, etcetera
- Crop Cleanout: stringing, rolling out tarp, removing plants, sweeping, removing plant debris, washing and sanitizing the greenhouse.
- General Cleanup will be expected in all areas of the greenhouse on a continuous basis
- Experience is an asset – however, if the candidate shows commitment and a willingness to learn, we are willing to train.
- Good communication skills and attention to detail are essential
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to distinguish colors
- Must be able to work Monday through Saturday and work unpredictable hours
- Working with minimal supervision
- Must be able to stand long periods of time; bending, crouching, kneeling
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- Fast paced environment, repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Working at heights
- Environment may be wet or damp at times
The starting wage for this position is $15.31/hour. Work is available immediately upon hire.
Nature Fresh Farms USA inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.