Nature Fresh Farms is a Canadian-based greenhouse company with facilities in Delta, OH, Laredo, TX, and Leamington, ON. Our company and its innovative, dynamic team are expanding every day, growing new plant varieties, and introducing cutting-edge ideas and practices to the fresh produce industry. However, at Nature Fresh Farms, we don’t just grow plants – we also grow people. Our team is passionate about bringing the highest quality products to consumers, but it is also committed to creating an inspiring, diverse, and team-oriented workplace environment that everyone can enjoy. Nature Fresh Farms is a recognized leader within the greenhouse farming industry – join our team and help us continue to grow!
We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a General Labor at our Distribution Center in Laredo, TX.
General Labors are essential to ensure that the product leaving the Distribution Centre meets or exceeds Nature Fresh Farms quality standard and is ready for shipping. They also make sure packing lines are clean and sanitized to meet Food Safety Standards.
- Grading, sorting, packaging, and clipping of produce as per customer specifications. This entails checking the size, weight, count, color, condition, and packaging of each commodity that leaves our facility.
- Any defective products found during the sorting process are removed.
- Ensure the weight of each box is accurate based on customer specification.
- Place labels on bags and packages accordingly.
- Ensure all boxes are stacked straight on skids/pallets.
- Clean and sanitize the production line using cleaning solutions and hand tools before and after each use. Each employee is responsible for cleaning their applicable areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to distinguish colors
- Able to work well with minimal supervision for most of the day.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and attention to detail are essential.
- Must display a respectful, and positive attitude.
- Must be available to work Monday – Saturday and possibly Sunday.
- Must be able to pass a background and drug test.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Bending, stretching, twisting, or reaching with body, arms, and/or legs
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
Compensation – $10.00/hour
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, please apply through this posting, or apply through our company website www.naturefresh.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms USA Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.