We are currently seeking applicants to join our team and fill full-time positions as skilled maintenance workers to perform general maintenance tasks such as but not limited to building repairs & maintenance, equipment repairs & maintenance, troubleshooting building systems at our Greenhouse operation in Leamington, ON.
- Troubleshoot and complete routine repairs, general maintenance, and preventative maintenance, such as: installation and maintenance of machines and equipment, emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment as well as scheduled maintenance repairs as directed.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and facilities as directed.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions around the farm as required.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those and any unusual issues to supervisor.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues and repair plans.
- Greenhouse maintenance experience an asset.
- Millwright, tool & die and/or general farm maintenance experience are assets.
- Welding experience an asset.
- Experience using hand and electrical tools.
- Able to work independently but also a good team player.
- Able to read and understand work orders and other types of reports.
- Able to read manuals and drawings an asset.
- Basic math abilities required.
- Able to analyze and reason problems and issues, attention to detail.
- May be required to do some heavy lifting. It would be beneficial to be physically fit.
- Safety Shoes.
Job Related Conditions
- Winter temperatures are comfortable however summer temperatures can be very warm and humid in the greenhouses.
- Working safely at various heights of the greenhouse.
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day.
- Working with minimal supervision during the day but also communicating with the manager as necessary.
- Must be willing to work Monday-Saturday and varied hours according to needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Wage will be based on experience and performance.
Nature Fresh Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Nature Fresh Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.