We are currently seeking applicants to join our team and fill full-time positions as skilled maintenance workers to perform general maintenance tasks such as but not limited to building repairs & maintenance, equipment repairs & maintenance, troubleshooting building systems at our Greenhouse operation in Leamington, ON.
- Troubleshoot and complete routine repairs, general maintenance, and preventative maintenance, such as: installation and maintenance of machines and equipment, emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment as well as scheduled maintenance repairs as directed.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and facilities as directed.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions around the farm as required.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those and any unusual issues to supervisor.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues and repair plans.
- Greenhouse maintenance experience an asset.
- Millwright, tool & die and/or general farm maintenance experience are assets.
- Welding experience an asset.
- Experience using hand and electrical tools.
- Able to work independently but also a good team player.
- Able to read and understand work orders and other types of reports.
- Able to read manuals and drawings an asset.
- Basic math abilities required.
- Able to analyze and reason problems and issues, attention to detail.
- May be required to do some heavy lifting. It would be beneficial to be physically fit.
- Safety Shoes.
Job Related Conditions
- Winter temperatures are comfortable however summer temperatures can be very warm and humid in the greenhouses.
- Working safely at various heights of the greenhouse.
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day.
- Working with minimal supervision during the day but also communicating with the manager as necessary.
- Must be willing to work Monday-Saturday and varied hours according to needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Wage will be based on experience and performance.