We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer, skilled in photography, to support our growing Marketing Team.
Are you a creative genius with an entrepreneurial spirit and an egoless nature? We are looking for an experienced Graphic Designer with photography and videography experience to join our team. We need someone to ensure a consistent, on-brand visual aesthetic across all the Nature Fresh Farms touchpoints. The perfect candidate is not only passionate, detail-orientated, and accurate, but also thrives in a collaborative environment and communicates with honesty and kindness.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Working in collaboration with the marketing team to create and maintain various marketing assets, including packaging, logos, advertising (digital and print), presentations, tradeshow signs, videos, web promotional elements and all collateral images.
- Updating collateral and assets with new material or modified layouts. Managing projects from concept development through to execution by coordinating with the appropriate team members to secure proper assets and meet task deadlines.
- Liaising and preparing materials for print and digital production with external vendors and suppliers.
- Ensuring that all digital graphic content is optimized across all channels, and that all files are proofed and correctly formatted for optimal reproduction.
- Creating original and creative illustrations, icons, and infographics.
- Executes all photo-related projects including website photography and videography.
- Setting up lighting and composition, ensuring products are represented accurately, and in line with brand guidelines.
- Maintaining exposure and color accuracy standards of images.
- Participate in brainstorming strategies.
- Ensure postproduction of photography & videography (retouching, cropping, editing and adherence to proper file naming conventions) within set deadlines.
- Conferring with the Marketing Director or marketing leads to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content, and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Maintaining a strong understanding of any current technologies and/or practices through continuing education, research, and/or workshops to provide recommendations based on best practices as well as industry and consumer trends.
- Demonstrating initiative to continuously evolve and improve the brand.
- Performing all other duties as required to support overall project completion and success.
- A college diploma or University degree in Marketing, Design, or photography.
- 2+ years related working experience in a communications or marketing environment.
- Extensive skills in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects etc.), PDF form creation and optimization, knowledge of various Google Applications, and the ability to quickly learn and use new software.
- Strong experience using a DSLR camera.
- Strong experience with lighting/studio setups and propping.
- Experience with videography, motion editing, photo retouching.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- Proficient in digital/web production and design with a strong understanding of design principles and methodologies.
- A Solid understanding of branding and visual identity.
- A keen eye for visual aesthetics; including good knowledge of colour systems, artwork preparation and the print production process.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to successfully manage tasks and projects independently; strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be flexible and quickly re-prioritize and react positively with short notice of changes.
- Ability to work competently with exceptional accuracy in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment that is challenging and constantly evolving.
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for good layout.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills: maturity, positive attitude and demonstrated success in liaising with all levels of management and a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability and comfort with taking and giving constructive feedback.
Interview candidates will be requested to showcase their best work through their online portfolio.
- This position works in an office setting in a collaborative team environment.
- Onsite visits to the greenhouse/warehouse may be required from time to time.
- Travel as required for trade events, farm visits, and customer meetings.
- Working with minimal supervision during the day, but also communicating with different individuals and team across our facilities and from external organizations.
- Fulltime hours – Monday to Friday. Flexibility with work schedule required based upon project deadlines and workload.
- Balance between sitting, standing, and walking.
- There may be an occasional need for some heavy lifting.
- Bending, twisting, and reaching.
Salary: Based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to send your resume by fax at 519-326-6356, through Indeed, or company website. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Nature Fresh Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.