Bio Card Checkers are responsible for the daily monitoring of cards to check for pests. They report their findings to the Bio Scouts and Growers so that the appropriate plans can be put in place.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Walking between assigned crop rows to check cards for pests at the designated card locations
- Distinguishing between different species of pests or disease; counting and documenting pests found on each card to ensure proper recording of findings
- Reporting and communicating findings to the Bio Scout Supervisor and Growers in a timely manner both verbally and written
- Compliance with all Food Safety, Health & Safety, and operational policies and procedures
- Assisting with the annual crop cleanout
- Experience is an asset, however, if the candidate shows commitment and potential, we are willing to train
- Formal education is not a requirement; however, comfort counting and recording information is essential
- Climates within the greenhouses can vary from cold to very warm and can be humid at times.
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time; some bending, crouching, kneeling may be required
- Attention to detail is necessary
- Ability to complete duties with minimal supervision and comfort working independently is important
- Communication skills both verbal and written are required
- Must be available Monday through Friday and on occasion Saturday`s
- Hours will fluctuate to reflect ongoing needs of the business – average 40-55 hours per week
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.