Using an Integrated Pest Management (IPM) system means that we need skilled team members who know their bugs! The Greenhouse Bio Security Technician is responsible for helping execute the NatureFresh™ IPM program, which involves a certain degree of scouting, researching, and working directly with a large variety of ‘good’ and ‘bad’ bugs in our greenhouses. With a properly functioning IPM system, we can ensure our crops are happy, healthy, and thriving in the greenhouse environment!
- Scout for pests, diseases and other plant related concerns in the greenhouse.
- Document scout findings into a report and communicate with Growers/Management.
- Formulate a plan of action to maintain a healthy and pest free crop.
- Research new products and methods that have potential to improve our IPM program
- Meet with new and existing suppliers to discuss new products or information that may benefit our operation
- Continue to research and refine Pepper Weevil management practices
- Working with bees, various pests and diseases on tomatoes and peppers
- Must have an advanced knowledge of bio security, integrated pest management system.
- A diploma in agriculture, Biology or plant science.
- Reading, writing, oral communication and effective listening are essential.
- Ability to use a computer/electronic device.
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish is an asset.
- Works in a team setting but also the ability to work independently
- Safety shoes are mandatory
Job Related Conditions:
- Will have exposure to various pesticides
- Climates can be very warm and humid
- Walking, sitting and standing throughout the day
- Working at heights and utilizing a scissor cart
- Working with minimal supervision for the majority of the day
- Required hours of work 40-50 hours per week.
- Hourly wage will be offered between $16.00-$21.00/Hr. based on the candidate’s experience
- Must be available Monday-Saturday
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.