We are currently seeking for applicants to join our team and fill our full-time positions as a HR Generalist/Food and Health Safety at our warehouse operation in Laredo, TX.
The Human Resources Generalist/Food and Health Safety will be responsible for providing transactional HR support to HR Managers, specialists, and generalists. He or she must always adhere to all regulations and promote health and safety and food safety. He or she will complete the health and safety and food training with all workers and assist in BWC. He or she will assist with the development and implementation of policy, recruitment, orientation and training, time and attendance software, benefits, health and safety orientation and other areas as directed. Clerical work will include filing of correspondence, cards, invoices, receipts, HR forms and other records in alphabetical, numerical or any other required ordering system. This role further requires the individual to maintain positive relationships between the management team and employees.
- Supporting Human Resource Manager with all transactional HR functions
- Assisting in the recruitment, screening processes, onboarding, and off-boarding for candidates
- Preparing formal communications to employees for HR management review
- Responding to internal and external Human Resources related inquiries from clients, department managers, business partners, and other parties
- Distributing HR policies, procedures, and memorandums to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization
- Drafting general forms, letters, reports, and memos as necessary
- Assisting with the conduct of progressive disciplinary action
- Helping to ensure organization wide compliance with policies, procedures, and applicable regulations
- Assisting with employee orientation and training
- Faxing, photocopying, scanning, and filing documents, correspondences, cards, invoices and receipts, as required
- Organizing, maintaining, and coordinating office records and files in their proper locations
- Keeping accurate and complete records and forms of filed items
- Answering questions about records and files
- Adding new material to files and records
- Creating new files and records as necessary
Food and Health Safety:
- Assess the company’s compliance with Health and Safety legislation to promote the well-being of workers in the workplace, avoid exposure to risk, and reduce risks related to workplace injuries and/or non-compliance fines and penalties
- Assist with developing and posting material for safety in a conspicuous area which most employees visit daily
- Verifying first aid kits, tin cats, fire extinguishers, eye wash/showers, cooler calibrations, and allergen control are, well stocked, easy to find, and are in proper working condition
- Internal inspections audit for warehouse
- Update and oversee the SDS database and files
- Data entry of safety documents training for forklift, pallet jacks, or any other heavy equipment
- Complete and submit all documents/forms to our Workers Compensation third party provider
- Track modified work list, medical information and participate in return to work process, assist in return to work and modified work functions. Follow up with all accidents and injuries to workers
- Maintain medical documents of employees while maintaining compliance with HIPPA
- Maintain daily data entry for all accidents
- Conduct physical site inspections on workers for all safety compliance
- Provide first aid when required
- Carrying out inspections on safety equipment, and evaluating compliance to safety programs
- Assist in the development and review of the Health and Safety Policy and Program Manual
- Be available and/or present during any Department of Labor/OSHA or government jobsite inspections and follow-up on inspection findings to correct reported items
- Contribute to the development of the emergency response plan and assisting with emergency exit drills and first aid certifications
- Investigate and help respond to complaints and/or work refusals related to health & safety
- Preparing and scheduling all aspects of a quarterly Joint Health Safety Committee meeting and following up with members after meetings to verify items discussed in the meeting are being addressed
- Complete all new worker training orientations and coordinating and scheduling re-trainings and re-certifications when required
- Maintain Employee Matrix for training dates and completion
- Prepare and present safety talks with employees and collect and file all completed talks
- Maintain all health and safety records in an audit ready format
- Performing weekly Protein Swab Testing and monthly Sani-date testing of food contact surfaces
- Updating all necessary reports in SharePoint including but not limited to Food & Safety Master documents for Primus and SQF, Material Suppliers, Sales Packaging, and Material Registry
- Prepare and distribute weekly pre-ops and post-ops for supervisors, monthly cleaning sheets for the janitors, and dumping clean logs and collect, review, document, and file accordingly
- Review and update Customer Complaint Trend Analysis
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
- Associates Degree (Bachelor’s preferred) in business or related field with at least one year of relevant experiences.
- Experience as a Human Resources Generalist preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and comprehension.
- Able to compare similarities and differences quickly and accurately in sets of letters, numbers, objects, patterns, and pictures.
- Agricultural or warehouse experiences are asset.
- Spanish speaking is an asset.
- Working knowledge of GAP, GMP, HACCP, SQF, Food Safety and Food Quality
- Working knowledge of OHSA, BWC, etc.
- Knowledge of safety law, health and safety best practices, workplace hazards and control measures
- Working knowledge of food and plant regulatory standards
- First Aid and CPR certification, required
- Excel and computer skills, required
- Attention to details
- Must have good listening skills
- Must be safety conscientious and enforce safety regulations and have some health science background
- Be compassionate and assertive but fair
- Must be comfortable with follow-up and have a good sense of judgement
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply by fax at 419-330-1406 or through www.naturefresh.ca/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
NatureFresh Farms USA inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.