We are seeking a strategic HR Manager for our Canadian operations who has a passion for leading employment engagement and has a track record of delivering internal results.
This role would suit a proactive HR practitioner with solid employee relations and employment law experience, who has worked in fast-paced growing companies and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and multi-task to perform a variety of HR duties daily. You champion NatureFresh’s values and work closely with Senior Management and the HR team to align programs and policies with departmental and corporate goals.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Has broad experience in Human Resources which enables you to support or develop programs, policies or processes that ensure the accomplishment of NatureFresh’s strategic goals.
- Able to apply your knowledge and experience to interpret employment legislations, promote regulatory compliance and develop, implement, and maintain HR policies and practices.
- Has a track record of building strong trusting relationships and demonstrated ability as a business partner and coach to managers, HR staff and employees at all levels.
- Leads, coaches and counsels HR Generalists and management on employee relations, performance management, including developing action plans, progressive disciplinary strategies and managing terminations in line with employment legislation.
- Proactively leads Employee Relations within the company and provides guidance and direction to the HR Generalists on handling complex and challenging employee /management issues. Identifies and recommends sound solutions.
- Assists the Senior HR Manager with the implementation of a variety of HR programs and processes. Identifies best practices and process improvements.
- Leads recruitment initiatives and works with HR Generalists and Recruiters to implement effective recruiting and hiring practices to attract and retain top talent.
- Oversees the rollout of various initiatives in support of Senior Management (i.e. Performance Management Program, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Survey, New Hire Orientations).
- Participates in team or department meetings, as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years of progressively responsible experience as an HR manager in mid-size to large organizations. Experience in the produce industry and/or working with U.S. divisions are definite assets.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management or a Professional Human Resources designation are definite assets.
- Solid knowledge and practical application of HR management policies, best practices, and employment legislation in the areas of Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, Recruitment, Policy Development, Learning and Development and HR Administration.
- Strong knowledge of Employment Standards Act, Ontario Human Rights Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act and other applicable employment-related legislation.
- Solid recruitment experience including selection, interviewing and assessment of top talent.
- Experience implementing, educating and monitoring the effectiveness of training programs.
- Ability to lead and/or direct an Employee Relations team and drive improved performance.
- Solid track record of building relationships gained ideally from working hands-on in growing, fast-paced mid-size to large organizations.
- Experience working with management on complex/sensitive issues and demonstrated ability to identify issues, evaluate solutions and provide sound recommendations and courses of action.
- Exercises discretion when handling confidential, sensitive, and/or controversial information
- Excellent communication skills, active listening skills and written communication skills.
- Strong initiative, able to work with little direction, multi-task and switch priorities to meet needs.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office software, including Excel, Word and HRIS systems.
- Valid passport with the ability to travel to the U.S. as required
- Time is spent in an office environment and in the production areas.
- Works with a diverse group of cultures, management and employees at all levels
- Works Monday-Friday, with half day Saturdays as required. Hours may fluctuate according to business needs. May be required to work after hours as needed.
Salary: Wage based on experience
Work Location: Leamington, ON
Job Type: Full-time