Nature Fresh Farms is a Canadian-based greenhouse company with facilities in Delta, OH, Laredo, TX, and Leamington, ON. Our company and its innovative, dynamic team are expanding every day, growing new plant varieties, and introducing cutting-edge ideas and practices to the fresh produce industry. However, at Nature Fresh Farms, we don’t just grow plants – we also grow people. Our team is passionate about bringing the highest quality products to consumers, but it is also committed to creating an inspiring, diverse, and team-oriented workplace environment that everyone can enjoy. Nature Fresh Farms is a recognized leader within the greenhouse farming industry – join our team and help us continue to grow!
We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Human Resources Generalist at our Greenhouse in Delta, OH. Reporting directly to the US Director, Human Resources.
Human Resources ensures that Nature Fresh personnel are qualified to perform the work and receive training in compliance with all health and safety, and all other policies and procedures pertaining to Nature Fresh. Human Resources guarantees that all Nature Fresh procedures are being followed and implementing training when needed for all personnel in the facility.
- Ensures that all employment practices follow local, state, and federal legislation.
- Assist with the development and administration/training of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company and provide guidance to managers, supervisors and employees with interpretation or advice of such policies and procedures.
- Maintaining compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Maintain positive relations with employees and managers at all levels.
- Acts as a resource to employees to handle questions, concerns, or suggestions.
- Responsible for new hire processing components such as managing pre-employment screening, I-9 documentation, and other relevant paperwork, and entering and updating employee information for payroll system.
- Responsible for benefits administration, which includes tasks such as conducting benefits meetings, assisting with open enrollment, and tracking FMLA leave.
- Responsible for other administrative functions in the HR department to include employment verifications, updating internal databases and spreadsheets, audits, and preparation and update of weekly recruitment reports.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Mediate employee complaints and or work refusals.
- Explaining human resources policies, procedures, laws, and standards to new and existing employees.
- Creating job descriptions for all positions with company.
- Conducting performance evaluations with management.
- Prepare employee leave and separation notices and complete related tracking and documentation.
- Create, troubleshoot, and adjust employee key cards and door card systems.
- Oversee Company Apparel website collaborating with marketing team for creation of the site and apparel/design approval, placing/receiving/distributing monthly orders and ensuring payroll deductions are completed.
- Oversee employee programs such as Bereavement, New Baby, Employee Retirement and provide guidance to team members for Employee of the Month and Employee Birthdays.
- Assist with company events i.e. Annual Christmas Party, Employee Appreciation Event etc.
- Liaise with government agencies as a representative for the company.
- Actively initiate, participate in, and support continuous improvement initiatives.
- Acts as a backup to monitors and correct employees’ times and attendance.
- This job description highlights the main components but is not inclusive of other activities that may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Human Resources, or related field.
- 2-5 years of Human Resources experience.
- Professional presence and demeanor that treats others with courtesy, sensitivity, and respect.
- Flexibility to change with new information and adapt to changing conditions and obstacles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships of trust with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 applications.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, must be a good team player.
- Strong problem-solving skills required to analyze/solve problems and any unforeseen complications that could arise.
- Proven track record with seeing jobs/projects through to completion while meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task while having strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Strong conflict management abilities and understanding of employee relationships.
- Flexibility to work on weekends/after hours for company events.
- Detail oriented and highly organized.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is an asset.
- Accessibility must be open from Monday-Saturday, Sunday on-call. Hours will fluctuate according to the needs of the business.
- Works in an office setting with travel between locations and may be required to work occasionally in the greenhouse with exposure to extreme temperatures and pests.
- Working with diverse cultural backgrounds in a team setting but also working independently.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply in person at 9250 US 20A, Delta, OH 43515, by fax at 419-875-3007, or through www.naturefresh.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms USA Inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.