Nature Fresh Farms is a Canadian-based greenhouse company with facilities in Delta, OH, Laredo, TX, and Leamington, ON. Our company and its innovative, dynamic team are expanding every day, growing new plant varieties, and introducing cutting-edge ideas and practices to the fresh produce industry. However, at Nature Fresh Farms, we don’t just grow plants – we also grow people. Our team is passionate about bringing the highest quality products to consumers, but it is also committed to creating an inspiring, diverse, and team-oriented workplace environment that everyone can enjoy. Nature Fresh Farms is a recognized leader within the greenhouse farming industry – join our team and help us continue to grow!
We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a HR Supervisor at our Distribution Center in Laredo, TX.
The HR Supervisor provides a full range of Human Resource and Health & Safety support to management and employees. This position is responsible for recruitment, employee training, engagement and retention, performance management, benefits, policies and procedures, and employee relations. In addition, it works cross-functionally with Health & Safety and is responsible for all Health and Safety practices, including training, incident reporting, workplace inspections and audits, as well as ensures that all employee safety issues are handled promptly and fairly.
- Full cycle recruitment including onboarding of new hires, orientations, associated administration/data entry and coordinating cross-functionally with applicable departments.
- Handle all administrative tasks including hires, separations, transfers, compensation increases, exit interviews, performance reviews, time and attendance, and key fobs, using systems such as ADP and ProWatch.
- Provide excellent customer service and act as a liaison for employees and management in relation to leave of absences, grievance matters, coaching discussions, Company policies/procedures, and all other employee-relation matters. Complete all necessary documentation and administration.
- Assist management with probationary and annual performance reviews.
- Guide and assist management through the progressive discipline process including disciplinary notices and coordinate meetings regarding coaching/disciplinary matters including terminations.
- Process complaints regarding violence, harassment, discrimination, or other instances of workplace harassment and lead any necessary investigations and disciplinary actions.
- Assist in developing and executing HR procedures and policies, providing guidance, training, and interpretation to management as needed.
- Present and provide recommendations using tools such HR metrics/analytics, labor forecasting, compensation analysis, policy/procedure development to improve turnover, and employee engagement.
- Ensure legal compliance of state and federal regulations and applicable employment, and Health & Safety (OHSA) laws.
- Coordinate, prepare and present all employee training related to Human Resources.
- Responsible for benefits administration, which includes tasks such as conducting benefit meetings, assisting with open enrollment, and tracking FMLA leave.
- Oversee and support Office Janitorial.
- Request production general labors to staffing agencies and keep track of daily hours as needed.
- Assist with employee events, such as Kudos, monthly employee birthday celebrations, Employee Appreciation Day luncheons, summer events, Christmas parties, etc.
- Complete and submit all documents/forms to our Worker’s Compensation third party provider. Track modified work list, and medical information and participate in return-to-work process, and modified work functions. Follow up with all accidents and injuries with workers while maintaining compliance with HIPPA.
- Other duties as assigned.
Health & Safety:
- Assess the company’s compliance with Health and Safety legislation to promote the well-being of workers in the workplace, avoid exposure to risk, and reduce risks related to workplace injuries and/or non-compliance fines and penalties.
- Ensure the Health & Safety board is updated with current OSHA regulations and internal information on a continuous basis.
- Verifying first aid kits, fire extinguishers, and eye wash/showers are, well stocked, easy to find, and in proper working condition.
- Conduct and ensure facility inspections are completed on a monthly basis. Ensuring equipment daily logs are being completed.
- Update and oversee the SDS database and files.
- Ensure training is up to date and recurrent training is completed as required. Ensure sign-off on all training.
- Conduct internal investigations as necessary post-incident/accident events and maintain all data/records.
- Provide first aid when required.
- Assist with ongoing H&S internal process development.
- Be available and/or present during any Department of Labor/OSHA or government job site inspections and follow up on inspection findings to correct reported items.
- Contribute to the development of the emergency response plan and assist with emergency exit drills and first aid certifications.
- Investigate and help respond to complaints and/or work refusals related to health and safety.
- Will act as chairperson for the Joint Health & Safety Committee and conduct quarterly meetings.
- Complete all new worker training orientations and coordinate and schedule re-trainings and re-certifications when required.
- Prepare and present safety talks with employees and collect and file all completed talks.
- Maintain all health and safety records in an audit-ready format.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A post-secondary education or certification relating to Human Resources.
- 1-2 years of experience in Human Resources as a Supervisor or 3-5 years as a Coordinator or Generalist level.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with employees at all levels and across all departments in a professional, unbiased, and productive manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of discretion and confidentiality regarding employee and company-related matters.
- Excellent communication abilities, active listening skills and written communication skills.
- Multi-tasking, time management and prioritizing skills are essential.
- Must be attentive to details and have a strong sense of urgency to complete tasks/follow up.
- Good working knowledge of computers and MS Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- Ability to embrace and adapt to the rapid growth, innovation, and development of the company – flexibility is key.
- Strong problem-solving skills required to analyze/solve problems and any unforeseen concerns that may arise.
- A valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle are required.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel locally and internationally may be required.
- Must be available to work Monday through Friday including occasional Saturdays and holidays as needed; an average 40 hours per week.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in Spanish fluently is required.
- Must be able to pass a background and drug test.
- This position spends most of their time in an office environment.
- Fast-paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas.
- Spends most of their time in the office – sitting, standing, walking.
- There may be an occasional need for some heavy lifting (when needed).
- Bending, twisting, and reaching as needed.
Compensation will be based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, please apply through this posting, or apply through our company website www.naturefresh.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms USA Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.