At Nature Fresh Farms, we are continuously looking to innovate, develop and design an environment that fosters energy, education, equality and inspiration. We grow not only plants but also people by empowering and promoting advancement. With this focus, we have created a competitive advantage both with our produce and our people.
The IT Technician supports the workplace by installing, maintaining and supporting various applications that are electronic in nature. They ensure all our employees can communicate seamlessly with one another and are able to utilize all of our technological tools without issues. In addition, the IT Technician is to always improve any setup, infrastructure or maintenance on an ongoing basis and look to educate end users where possible on how to use Technology available.
Health and Safety
Ensure that safety procedures are followed at all times. The use of location prescribed Personal Protective Equipment (PPE’s) and supply list listed under Job Specific duties is mandatory. All Health and Safety policies and procedures established by management must be followed at all times. All Health and Safety policies and procedures pertaining to this position will be initially trained at orientation, and in refresher training completed annually or as needed. A hardcopy of the Health and Safety policies and procedures Handbook pertaining to NatureFresh is located in the employee break area, in the Human Resources office, or online on the company web for review at any time. Any non-conformance or inquiries pertaining to health and safety must be brought to the attention of your supervisor and will be dealt with accordingly.
Workplace harassment will not be tolerated from any person in the workplace. Harassment can arise from a variety of sources, such as customers, clients, employers, supervisors, other workers, intimate partners or family members. Everyone in the workplace must be dedicated to preventing workplace harassment. Managers, supervisors, and workers are expected to uphold this policy at all times and will be held accountable by the employer. For further explanation, please refer to the Employee Handbook or Health and Safety board.
Proper handling and all food safety policies and procedures established by management must be followed at all times. All food safety policies and procedures pertaining to this position will be initially trained at orientation, and in refresher training completed annually or as needed. A hardcopy of the Food Safety policies and procedures Handbook pertaining to NatureFresh is located in the employee break area, in the Human Resources office, or online on the company web for review at any time. Any non-conformance or inquiries pertaining to food safety must be brought to the attention of your supervisor and will be dealt with accordingly.
Job Specific Duties
Address work orders and other ongoing projects such as network/software implementation
Install and maintain network infrastructure
- Implement new networks. Install cat6 or fiber optic cabling, patch panels, wall terminations, network switches
- Maintain existing wired network. Repair damaged cable runs. Repair damaged terminations
- Use cable testing tools to verify and certify wired connections and bring them to certification standards
- Configure wireless access points and wireless point to point communication, both internal wireless and to outside locations
- Monitor and maintain wireless networks. Point to Point connections can become unstable if outside interference happens. This occurs if similar frequencies are established by outside companies/individuals
- Install and maintain the following physical hardware
- Add new printers and share from the main server
- Apply appropriate configuration to the printer
- Add printer to each end user PC
- Depending on location a network cable run may be required
- Conduct end user training for the new unit
- Perform ongoing maintenance including toner/ink replacement, fuser/imaging unit replacement. Contact the vendor technician for non-consumable repairs, if needed, (ex. gear replacement, internal hardware replacement.
- Workstations and peripherals
- Stage/configure new systems with Windows and join to the domain
- Install user required software (ex. Priva Office, MS Office, Priva FS, Dynamics NAV)
- Repair existing systems when failure occurs (ex. replace video cards, power supplies, hard drive)
- Maintain Windows stability on older systems. Worst case scenario install a clean copy of Windows. Most times a thorough analysis and cleanup can be done without re-installing Windows
- Contact Vendors for Warranty repairs on computers
- VOIP desktop phones
- Manage VOIP PBX Server
- Create new extensions, update existing extensions, configure new desktop phones, repair existing desktop phones
- Maintain number of VOIP devices throughout the farm (ex. paging units)
- Battery backup units
- Every workstation, network device, vital piece of hardware requires a battery backup unit that holds at least 5 minutes of charge. Farm power switches to a fail over power source when primary fails. Battery units are in place, so systems aren’t affected during the transition
- Security Camera’s
- Install and maintain all video security cameras throughout the business
- Manage several security camera servers. User accounts, views, storage of video footage
Assist with support of the following when required:
- Mobile devices, email accounts, windows profile issues
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent education preferred; 3-year of demonstrated experience in the field is an asset.
- Strong background in Windows Server 2012R2 and above
- Experience in SharePoint Online, and Microsoft 365 Tools
- Experience with configuring/installing workstations, network switches, network routers, network cabling, AD Server user management and Exchange user management
- Any technical certifications are an asset, A+ Hardware/Software, MCSE
- Must be able to adapt to change, problem solve, use various tools to mount/install equipment
- Ability to work 45-60 hours per week
- Must be able to work on an on-call schedule and rotational weekend work
- Working at heights
- Temperatures in the greenhouse maybe fluctuate between hot and cold
- Work hours Monday-Saturday with occasional Sunday’s; 40-60 hours per week; on an on-call schedule and rotational weekend schedule
- Walking, climbing and maneuvering safely around obstacles may require some physical strength
- Office work with some travel between greenhouse operations required
- Working with minimal supervision
This position directly reports to the IT Director and in the event of an absence the Human Resources should be contacted.