Reports to: VP, Marketing & Category Development
Type of position: Full time
For the purpose of clarity, Nature Fresh Farms Sales Inc. and Nature Fresh Farms Inc. shall be referred to as Nature Fresh.
At Nature Fresh, we are continuously looking to innovate, develop and design an environment that fosters energy, education, equality and inspiration. We grow not only plants but also people by empowering and promoting advancement. With this focus, we have created a competitive advantage both with our produce and our people.
The Insights Analyst will contribute to the growth and sustainability of Nature Fresh Farms (NFF) by providing objective, value-added analysis, and recommendations to facilitate discussions & decisions related to high profile customers and internal projects. Accountable for regular reporting on market, consumer, and sales trends this role will provide analysis of data from a variety of raw data sources, to deliver actionable and valuable insights to the Company.
Health and Safety
Ensure that safety procedures are followed at all times. The use of location prescribed Personal Protective Equipment (PPE’s) and supply list listed under Job Specific duties is mandatory. All Health and Safety policies and procedures established by management must be followed at all times. All Health and Safety policies and procedures pertaining to this position will be initially trained at orientation, and in refresher training completed annually or as needed. A hardcopy of the Health and Safety policies and procedures Handbook pertaining to Nature Fresh is located in the employee break area, in the Human Resources office, or online on the company web for review at any time. Any non-conformance or inquiries pertaining to health and safety must be brought to the attention of your supervisor and will be dealt with accordingly.
Workplace harassment will not be tolerated from any person in the workplace. Harassment can arise from a variety of sources, such as customers, clients, employers, supervisors, other workers, intimate partners or family members. Everyone in the workplace must be dedicated to preventing workplace harassment. Managers, supervisors, and workers are expected to uphold this policy at all times and will be held accountable by the employer. For further explanation, please refer to the Employee Handbook or Health and Safety board.
Proper handling and all food safety policies and procedures established by management must be followed at all times. All food safety policies and procedures pertaining to this position will be initially trained at orientation, and in refresher training completed annually or as needed. A hardcopy of the Food Safety policies and procedures Handbook pertaining to Nature Fresh is located in the employee break area, in the Human Resources office, or online on the company web for review at any time. Any non-conformance or inquiries pertaining to food safety must be brought to the attention of your supervisor and will be dealt with accordingly.
Job Specific Duties
- Gather and research data from customer platforms, Nielsen, IRI, NFF internal and other data sources. Provide analysis of raw data, to deliver actionable and valuable insights for customers.
- Support the Sales team in driving growth and value with customer accounts by identifying opportunities, risk & merchandising effectiveness.
- Analyze NielsenIQ or IRI holdings market reports assessing trends as it pertains to current and future products.
- Implement and maintain effective monitoring and reporting practices to ensure compliance with key requirements.
- Support the Sales team during the annual and ongoing planning process.
- Identify new trends and ROI strategies and capabilities necessary to sustain long-term competitive advantage.
- Research and provide insights on consumer, food, and industry trends. Pair these learnings with customer and industry data to provide industry leading insights for NFF customers and business.
- Aid Product Development in researching potential new categories and items.
- Assist Sales & Marketing departments in gathering and documenting market insights from NA and abroad.
- Other related duties as expected in this role’s capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related disciplines.
- 3-5 years of experience with analytics, building reports and utilizing related software.
- Strong competency in syndicated data (i.e., AC Nielsen and Information Resource).
- Analytical skills necessary to draw conclusions and make recommendations, based on data.
- Strong communication skills to get complex ideas across in an easy-to-understand fashion.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Team player with a high level of dedication.
- Ability to maintain respectful relationships at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Very high degree of confidentiality and integrity required regarding all aspects of the business.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines; and ensure timely follow-up.
- Ability to work independently with little direction, within a fast-paced environment.
- Valid license and passport with the ability to travel to the U.S. or internationally as required
- Office setting – walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day.
- Works with a diverse group of people internally and externally.
- Works Monday-Friday. Hours may fluctuate according to business needs. May be required to work after hours as needed.
- This role is mostly spent working in an office environment.
- There may be an occasional need for some heavy lifting (when needed).
- Some travel required to different locations within and outside of Canada and locally as needed.
- This position directly reports to the VP, Marketing & Category Development. In the event of an absence, the Marketing Analyst should be contacted.