We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as an Inventory Control Supervisor at our distribution center operation in Laredo, TX.
The Inventory Control Supervisor is responsible for controlling the inventory accuracy and movement of packaging materials. This role will include the organization and maintenance of inventoried items, ensuring regular cycle counts, and supplying multiple locations with require packaging to support production. In the event of an absence, the Division Manager will appoint another employee who has been fully trained and is competent to complete the job duties pertaining to the position of Inventory Control.
- Inventory Control shares the responsibility to select, evaluate, approve, and monitor suppliers
- Ensures the receipt of raw materials, ingredients, and packaging materials are received from approved suppliers
- Ensures the receipt of raw materials, ingredients, and packaging materials received from a non-approved supplier accepted in an emergency situation are inspected before use
- Ensures that food safety and quality policy is communicated to all Nature Fresh suppliers
- Ensure proper inventory counts and records are up to date of packaging materials
- Maintain products and parts organization per inventory location maps
- Collaborate with purchasing and warehouse team members to ensure the organization of inventory systems
- Support production at Mexico growers’ locations through packaging shipments and materials
- Record receipts and consumption of items moved in and out of inventory
- Report to management on inventory issues
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent for this position
- Relevant warehouse experience within the last 5 years, preferably within inventory control responsibilities
- Previous Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to coach, delegate, provide direction to staff and resolve issues fairly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other software programs
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast environment by multitasking and prioritizing work while being attentive to details and quality
- Ability to embrace and adapt to the rapid growth, innovation, and development of the company
- Ability to troubleshoot and take corrective action as needed
- Ability to address difficult situations confidentiality, professionally and respectfully
- ERP systems (like Microsoft NAV) experience considered an asset
- Spanish is an asset
- This position works in an office and warehouse setting
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting. These include offshore workers, locals, contractors, and vendors, etc.
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas to warmer environments in the warehouse
- Working with minimal supervision during the day, but also communicating with different individuals and teams across our facilities and from external organizations
- Balance between sitting, standing, and walking throughout the warehouse
- Expected to work daytime hours Monday – Saturday, hours my fluctuate according to business needs
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day
- Must be capable of lifting and handling heavy loads (up to 30 lbs.)
Compensation: Based on experience
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply in person at 10228 Crossroads Loop – Laredo, TX 78045. By Fax at (956) 307-3028, or through www.naturefresh.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.