Nature Fresh Farms is a Leamington-based greenhouse company with facilities in Leamington, ON and Delta, OH. Our company and its innovative, dynamic team is expanding every day, growing new plant varieties and introducing cutting-edge ideas and practices to the fresh produce industry. However, at Nature Fresh, we don’t just grow plants – we also grow people. Our team is passionate about bringing the highest quality products to consumers, but it is also committed to creating an inspiring, diverse, and team-oriented workplace environment that everyone can enjoy. Nature Fresh Farms is a recognized leader within the greenhouse farming industry – join our team and help us continue to grow!
We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as an IT Analyst at our Farm in Leamington, ON.
Nature Fresh Farms has been recognized as a technology leader by multiple industry associations. These recognitions are a result of an ongoing commitment to leverage technology to advance the business. When you join our team, you will see that we are leaders in adoption not just in agriculture, but across all industries. This provides a unique learning environment where you can grow your skills through exposure to cutting edge technology.
2016 Ingenious Award Winner – Information Technology Association of Canada
2017 Ingenious Award Finalist – Information Technology Association of Canada
2017 Digital Transformation Award Finalist – IT World Canada
Articles from industry leaders featuring our IT team at Nature Fresh Farms:
Dell Technologies: Growing Fruit and Vegetables with Data | Dell Technologies Canada
An IT Analyst plays an integral role in keeping our company connected and ensuring all our employees can communicate seamlessly with one another and utilize all our technology without issues. As our company continues to grow, we are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a collaborative team and is open to multi-tasking within our fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Provide remote and on-site end user IT support
- Complete first line IT support tasks related to end-user support, network, software, and telecom systems.
- Document tasks within service desk software
- Provision and support of desktop, laptop, mobile devices
- Install and troubleshoot structured network cabling and server rack patch panel installations.
- Setup and configure access to shared printers, multifunction devices and packing line printers.
- Perform fixes to desktops and laptops including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware peripherals, and configuring systems and applications.
- Install and configure IP cameras.
- Complete IT internal and end user documentation
- Provide after-hours support during scheduled on-call rotations escalating issues the team as required.
- Provide excellent customer service and support to non-technical users.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Degree or certificate from a program in Network Administration and Support, Information Systems or a related field is preferred.
- Entry level candidates are welcome to apply
- Relevant work experience in a technical field is an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills – fluent in written and oral English
- Spanish proficiency is an asset.
- Ability to work independently. Must be self-motivated and have excellent attention to detail
- Able to effectively work independently and collaborate with a team.
- Ability to explain technology ideas and concepts to non-technical users.
- Must be available to work Monday to Friday and occasional Saturdays with rotating after-hours and weekend on-call.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day.
- Working at heights including the use of ladders, scissor lifts and boom lifts.
- Working conditions in a range of temperatures (refrigerated to hot/cold greenhouse environment)
- Must be able to lift, up to 60 lbs. without assistance.
- Office work with some travel between greenhouse operations required.
- Walking, climbing, and maneuvering safely around obstacles may require some physical strength
Salary: Based on experience.
Nature Fresh Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Nature Fresh Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.