A member of our Janitorial team is responsible for ensuring our facilities are cleaned and tidied regularly. Food safety is of top concern at our operation, and to meet food safety standards, proper cleanliness and sanitation are essential. The role of our Janitorial staff is thus crucial to ensuring our operations are in the cleanest conditions possible for maximum quality assurance.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Clean offices, washrooms, lunch areas, and entrances
- Complete cleaning checklists as per Health & Safety standards
- Maintain a clean work area
- Report problems that require attention to Supervisor
- Ensure that all cleaning supplies are clearly labeled
- Occasionally attend meetings regarding changes to the cleaning standards
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills are essential
- Must be reliable to perform duties as required
Hours of Work
Required to report to work Monday through Friday with rotational Saturday shifts. Hours for one position are 6 am to 10 am (approximately 25-30 hours per week) with a second position from 6 am to 2 pm (approximately 40-44 hours per week). Hours will fluctuate slightly day to day with the exception of Saturday’s hours.
- Winter temperatures are comfortable, however, please note that summer temperatures can be very hot and humid inside the greenhouse
- Walking, standing, bending and crouching throughout the day
- Working with minimal supervision during the day, but also communicating with the Supervisor as necessary
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.