Ketler Farms is a new collaborative venture with Nature Fresh Farms and is part of the Nature Fresh group of companies. It is planned to be a 30-acre state-of-the art greenhouse facility located in Mersea Road 11, Staples, ON. We are currently seeking a dynamic Junior Controller to assist in our planning stages.
As a Junior Controller, you will be trained on all financial functions of a greenhouse operation under the guidance of the Nature Fresh Farms Controller. You will spend a required amount of time performing the functions of AP, AR, Payroll, Financial Analysis, Treasury, and Full Cycle Month End close, working closely with Nature Fresh Farms staff. In addition, you will spend time with Operations staff to ensure a full understanding of the business. Once your training is complete, you will transition over to Ketler Farms and in your role of Junior Controller.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Financial Reporting: Oversee the month-end close process and compiling consolidated financial statements. Research technical accounting issues and play a key role in establishing company-wide accounting policies. Creating and maintaining a recurring budget to actual reporting for each department, credit card or vendor reconciliations, and final review of expense reports.
- Financial Accounting: Manage the day-to-day financial operations including but not limited to, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Budgeting, Payroll, ad-hoc reporting requests from leaders,
- Payroll: completes payroll bi-weekly, issues ROES as needed, creates and prepares T4s, collaborates with HR to ensure payroll deductions and activities are compliant.
- Audit: Assist in annual audit and tax compliance work. Work with auditors to prepare requested schedules and corresponding analysis, help to draft financial statements, create schedules to support requests from our professional audit or tax teams for filings, and respond to requests from tax filing authorities globally.
- Treasury: Assist in creating & maintaining a rolling weekly cash forecast. Manage the day-to-day cash flow of the Company to ensure vendors are paid and all receivables are collected on a timely basis.
- Process Improvements: Assist in developing, documenting, and implementing internal controls. Assist in identifying inefficiencies and revamping processes.
- Budgeting: Gather relevant information & complete for management review.
- Oversee all activities related to provincial and federal tax compliance issues.
- Progressive Accounting Experience: 5-7 years preferred
- Agriculture industry experience is considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: ability to develop and maintain relationships of trust & ability to convey complex ideas concisely to all levels of the organization
- Flexible – able to adapt to changing business requirements in a growing company
- Organized with extreme attention to detail
- Must be credible, reliable and have a great ethical character
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, word) – Knowledge of Power BI an asset
- Demonstrated experience revamping processes, with an eye for improving efficiency
- CPA designation or equivalent experience an asset
- Works primarily in an office setting – sitting, standing, walking.
- Works both independently and with a team.
- Some travel required – must possess a valid driver’s licence and access to own vehicle.
- Flexibility in hours of work is required although standard work hours are Monday – Friday.
Salary: Based on experience
Intended job posting audience; anyone that can legally work in Canada.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to send your resume by fax at 519-326-6356, through Indeed, or company website. We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Ketler Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Ketler Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.