For the purpose of clarity, Nature Fresh Farms Sales Inc. and Nature Fresh Farms Inc. shall be referred to as Nature Fresh.
At Nature Fresh Farms, we are continuously looking to innovate, develop and design an environment that fosters energy, education, equality, and inspiration. We grow not only plants but also people by empowering and promoting advancement. With this focus, we have created a competitive advantage both with our produce and our people.
Reporting to the Director, Sales, the Key Account Manager will be responsible for acquiring several job specific duties (as outline below), including, and not limited to expanding and maintaining a designated portfolio of sales accounts. This role involves increasing company revenue and profit by generating sales from new and existing customers. They will also work with sales channels to raise awareness of Company offerings and initiate new business ventures to increase market share and meet fiscal goals.
Health and Safety
Ensure that safety procedures are followed at all times. The use of location prescribed Personal Protective Equipment (PPE’s) and supply list listed under Job Specific duties is mandatory. All Health and Safety policies and procedures established by management must be followed at all times. All Health and Safety policies and procedures pertaining to this position will be initially trained at orientation, and in refresher training completed annually or as needed. A hardcopy of the Health and Safety policies and procedures Handbook pertaining to Nature Fresh is located in the employee break area, in the Human Resources office, or online on the company web for review at any time. Any non-conformance or inquiries pertaining to health and safety must be brought to the attention of your supervisor and will be dealt with accordingly.
Workplace harassment will not be tolerated from any person in the workplace. Harassment can arise from a variety of sources, such as customers, clients, employers, supervisors, other workers, intimate partners or family members. Everyone in the workplace must be dedicated to preventing workplace harassment. Managers, supervisors, and workers are expected to uphold this policy at all times and will be held accountable by the employer. For further explanation, please refer to the Employee Handbook or Health and Safety board.
Proper handling and all food safety policies and procedures established by management must be followed at all times. All food safety policies and procedures pertaining to this position will be initially trained at orientation, and in refresher training completed annually or as needed. A hardcopy of the Food Safety policies and procedures Handbook pertaining to Nature Fresh is located in the employee break area, in the Human Resources office, or online on the company web for review at any time. Any non-conformance or inquiries pertaining to food safety must be brought to the attention of your supervisor and will be dealt with accordingly.
Job Specific Duties
- Building, developing, and maintaining a portfolio of accounts with a primary focus on growing the Nature Fresh Farms brand to achieve long-term success through personalized KPIs that will be created, reviewed, and updated regularly.
- Negotiating contract terms of agreement and pricing.
- Growing top and bottom-line sales & profit and developing new business within defined objectives and parameters.
- Creating and developing positive relationships with current and new retail/club store customers.
- Responsible for resolving major conflicts that will affect future growth of the account and providing solutions to customers in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that admin maintains a clear communication regarding client needs with internal departments such as Marketing, Logistics, Warehouse, Procurement, Farm, Suppliers and Management.
- Reviewing account reports sent by Sales Administrators on an ongoing basis and evaluating outcomes with retail partners.
- Collaborating with other departments to ensure business goals are understood and met.
- Setting and tracking sales accounts targets/budgets with the Director, Sales, and Account Administrators.
- Working alongside marketing department to develop reports and presentations for meetings.
- Analyzing data and reports (internally and 3rd party) to anticipate trends, demand levels and cater new product offerings to key partners.
- Actively contributing towards a variety of projects, trade shows, workshops, and other Sales team initiatives.
- Attending trade shows, work shops and exhibitions in an engaging and outgoing level to stay up to date with industry trends.
- Setting up meetings annually with retailer partners to go over yearly reviews and discuss new opportunities for the year ahead.
- Staying in tune with your customers needs and understanding the competitive landscape which includes regular store visits as well as utilizing 3rd party support such as Field Agent and other merchandising support.
- Supporting Sales Administrator when they are unavailable to communicate to internal teams or retail partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of sales account management experience required.
- Experience at successfully selling multiple product/service lines with a demonstrated ability to close sales transactions.
- Previous experience working in greenhouse, produce or the food manufacturing industry are definite assets.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers, key business partners, and other stakeholders through timely delivery, follow-up, initiative, and communication.
- Very high degree of confidentiality and integrity required regarding all aspects of the business.
- Exceptional communication abilities, active listening skills and written communication skills.
- Skilled at assessing client needs, developing proposals, and delivering solutions.
- Excellent negotiation and diplomacy skills, with a high degree of tact and persuasiveness.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Displays strong initiative and able to work independently with little direction, within a fast-paced environment.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft office software packages, including Excel skills.
- Valid license and passport with the ability to travel to the U.S. or internationally as required.
- Most of the day is spent in an office environment.
- Works with a diverse group of people.
- Works Monday-Friday, with occasional Saturdays and holidays as required. Hours may fluctuate according to business needs. May be required to work after hours as needed.
- Travels to customer locations as required.
This role is mostly spent working in an office environment or travelling to customer locations.
This position directly reports to the Director, Sales. In the event of an absence, the SVP, Sales should be contacted.