We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Line Leader at our Distribution Center in Leamington, ON.
The line leader coordinates and ensures the proper running of the packing lines including delegating work to the packing team to meet packing targets and customer commitments within the specified quality and food safety standards.
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Delegating work to 10-20 employees on the packing lines including training, organizing and delegating employees to meet the required performance levels.
- Reviewing daily work orders and ensuring packs are completed according to pack instructions and customer specifications.
- Overseeing the packing lines to ensure they are running efficiently; quickly troubleshooting issues to keep the lines moving.
- Ensuring the lines are ready before the start of each job.
- Ensuring the lines are properly cleaned after each job is completed.
- Ensuring workers are properly trained on all Nature Fresh Farms procedures including workplace health and safety procedures, and that workers work safely at all times and use proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or other safety equipment.
- Ensuring work areas are kept clean and safe at all times.
- Overseeing the inventory of packaging materials and re-ordering as required.
- Accurately completing all related documentation and paperwork as required by management.
- Reporting issues or delays to the Warehouse Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Previous experience as a line leader is an asset.
- Patient, respectful and able to direct employees effectively.
- Organization and attention to detail are necessary.
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written are required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure or tight constantly changing deadlines.
- Must be able to work both days and afternoons from Monday-Saturday. Hours will fluctuate according to the needs of the business average 50-55 hours per week.
- Spanish is an asset.
- Flexibility to change with new information.
- Working with a team of people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day.
- Must be capable of lifting and handling heavy loads (up to 30 lbs.)
- Will depend on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply by fax at 519-326-6356, through Indeed, or company website. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.