We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Logistics Coordinator at our distribution center operation in Laredo, TX.
As a member of the Shipping/Receiving team, the Logistics Coordinator is a highly motivated individual who facilitates front-line communications with customers, carriers, brokers, the Sales team, and the Shipping department. Their job is to ensure all supply chain operations processes run smoothly so that Nature Fresh Farms products make it to their destinations quickly and efficiently. The Logistics Coordinator maintains excellent customer service and facilitates accurate data entry, but they must have the ability to quickly problem solve and drive improvement processes when necessary.
- Ensure various documentation is verified and processed in the appropriate system
- Meet legal compliance requirements for all documentation and ensure it is completed according to customer requirements in an accurate and timely manner
- Communicate in a prompt and professional manner with customs brokers, agents, truckers, and other parties
- Obtain the required documents from each party at different points of each shipment
- Work closely with the Sales department and other members of the supply chain to coordinate inbound/outbound freight using approved carriers
- Coordinate movement of cross border shipments (CAN/US, US/CAN & MX/US) and prepare all customs documentation, while ensuring timely clearance of all shipments
- Perform administrative tasks such as copying, filing, faxing, and scanning documents
- Manage, track and trace freight updates
- Problem solve to resolve shipment issues that may occur
- Pursue continuous improvement opportunities
- 1-4 years of previous experience in a Logistics environment is preferred
- 1-2 years working experience/knowledge of Canadian and US customs regulations
- Possessing a general knowledge of warehouse operational processes is an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) is essential
- Experience with ERP Systems (Microsoft Nav/Just Foods, etc.) and Wilson and/or Farrow (Broker system) are preferred
- Ability to maintain excellent oral and written communication skills while working in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate with various departments and external parties is essential
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are essential
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to work remotely as needed, including on weekends
- Spanish is an asset
- This position works in an office and warehouse setting
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting. These include offshore workers, locals, contractors, and vendors, etc.
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas to warmer environments in the warehouse
- Working with minimal supervision during the day, but also communicating with different individuals and teams across our facilities and from external organizations
- Balance between sitting, standing, and walking throughout the warehouse.
- Expected to work daytime hours Monday – Saturday, hours my fluctuate according to business needs
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day
- Must be capable of lifting and handling heavy loads (up to 30 lbs.)
Compensation: Based on experience
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply in person at 10228 Crossroads Loop – Laredo, TX 78045. By Fax at (956) 307-3028, or through www.naturefresh.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.