We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Maintenance Technician at our greenhouse operation in Delta, OH.
The Maintenance employees are responsible for working on their assigned tickets and keeping the farm in good and safe working condition. General maintenance tasks include but are not limited to building repairs & maintenance, equipment repairs & maintenance and troubleshooting building systems.
Job Specific Duties
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- The maintenance employees are responsible for checking their work orders on ConnectWise and prioritizing them on a regular basis. The Maintenance Manager would assist with prioritizing.
- Closing work orders as completed.
- Troubleshoot and complete routine repairs, general maintenance, and preventative maintenance, such as: installation and maintenance of machines and equipment, emergency/unscheduled repairs of equipment as well as scheduled maintenance repairs as directed.
- Regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facilities as directed.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities, as directed.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions around the farm as required.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual issues to the Maintenance Manager.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Order parts as required for machinery or anything that is requiring repair.
- Assisting the IT department to in handing out IT equipment (cell phones, lap tops, etc.) to employees as needed and complete proper documentation for IT equipment usage with employee.
- Using remote access with IT Department to set up computers.
- Collecting IT items when no longer needed by the employee.
- Maintaining the inventory of IT equipment that is kept at the facility.
- Millwright, tool & die and/or general farm maintenance experience are assets
- Welding experience an asset
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Ability to read and understand work orders and other types of reports
- Ability to read manuals and drawings an asset
- Basic math abilities required
- Ability to analyze and reason problems and issues; attention to detail
- Must have great written and verbal communication skills
- Must be safety conscientious and be able to keep work area tidy
- Must be handy and capable of utilizing tools
- Must have PVC Plumbing Experience
- Some confidentiality in regards to company-related matters
- Multi-tasking, time management and prioritizing are essential
- Able to work independently but also a good team player
- The Maintenance employee is expected to report to work from Monday-Saturday with occasional Sundays
- Able to work 50-55 hour work weeks
- Must be able to work on an on-call schedule
- The warehouses/greenhouses may be hot, humid, moist or cold at any time of the year
- A valid driver’s licence is required
- Exposure to pests in the greenhouse
- Safety shoes required
- Travel from one location to the next or phase to phase may be required
- Working at heights is a requirement for maintenance tech
- The Maintenance employee may be required to do some heavy lifting.
- With an active and dynamic work environment, the Maintenance Technician will be standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and crawling all day
Compensation will be based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply in person at 9250 US 20A, Delta, OH 43515, by fax at 419-875-3007
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms USA inc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.