We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team as a full-time Network Technician at our greenhouse operation in Leamington, ON.
With over 600 employees, our Network Technician plays an integral role in keeping our company connected and ensuring all our employees can communicate seamlessly with one another and utilize all of our technology without issues. As our company continues to grow, we are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a collaborative team and is open to multi-tasking within our fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The successful candidate’s job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Address work orders and project tasks related with network, system, software, and end-user support.
- Provide end-user remote support using ConnectWise Automate RMM
- Document effort and enter ticket notes with ConnectWise Manage PSA and Automate RMM systems
- Administrate and provision user accounts using hybrid Microsoft Azure Active Directory and Microsoft 365
- Provision and support desktop, laptop, mobile devices, cellular phones, and VoIP phones for users
- Install and configure enterprise network equipment including routers, enterprise switches and Wi-Fi.
- Setup and configure access to shared printers, multifunction devices and packing line printers.
- Configure and administer file and printer shares.
- Troubleshoot network, server, and desktop incidents.
- Perform fixes to desktops and laptops including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware peripherals, and configuring systems and applications.
- Ensure system security is maintained by installing and updating enterprise antivirus and antimalware.
- Install and configure IP cameras.
- Assist with structure network cabling and server rack patch panel installations.
- Provide after-hours support during scheduled on-call rotations escalating issues the team as required.
- Provide excellent customer service and support to non-technical users.
- Participate in the creation and update of network documentation, SOPS and help documents.
- Participate in the planning, installation, configuration, and maintenance of server-based systems.
Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Structured cabling techniques including termination, verification, qualification and certification of network cabling, ability to terminate fiber optic is an asset.
- Installing, configuring, and managing enterprise wireless infrastructure
- Installing, configuring, and managing enterprise switch environments
- Troubleshooting network, server, and system issues both remotely and on-site
- Supporting current desktop and cloud-based applications (ex: Microsoft 365)
- Administering converged VMI from Microsoft (Hyper-V) and VMware (VxRail)
- Planning, deploying, and managing virtual desktop and virtual application environments.
- Maintaining current backup and data replication infrastructure
- Administering and supporting Windows Server 2012 R2 and beyond
- Installing, managing, and supporting Microsoft DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, File and Print Services
- Working knowledge implementing and supporting Azure Active Directory
- Installing, managing, and supporting Microsoft SQL Server
- Administering and supporting domain‑joined Windows 10 with Group Policy
- Implementing and administering security measures in an enterprise IT environment
- Planning and deploying Layer 3, Firewall, SD-WAN and VPN technologies is an asset.
- Deploying and managing multi-factor authentication is an asset.
- Knowledge of advanced computing hardware, including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, VoIP phones, network printers and multifunction devices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Degree or certificate from a program in Network Administration and Support and Information Systems or related field is preferred.
- 3+ years equivalent work experience in a network support role
- 3+ years equivalent work experience in a Help Desk technical role.
- Relevant work experience in supporting a greenhouse production environment is a definite asset.
- Current IT industry certification (MCP, MCDST, MCSA, CompTIA A+, Network+, VCSA) is an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills – fluent in written and oral English. Multilingual especially Spanish is a plus.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, excellent attention to detail
- Able to effectively work independently and collaborate with a team.
- Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to research IT technical topics and apply critical thinking and experience to apply solutions.
- Excellent consulting and customer service skills; able to review customer business IT requirements and position solutions.
- Ability to present technology ideas and concepts to non-technical users.
- Proven analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prepare network and system documentation.
- Able to maintain a high-level of confidentiality with company information.
- Must be available to work Monday to Friday and occasional Saturdays with rotating after-hours and weekend on-call.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day.
- Working conditions in a range of temperatures (refrigerated to hot/cold greenhouse environment)
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. without assistance.
- Office work with some travel between greenhouse operations required.
- Ability to work safely at heights using a Genie boom or Skyjack is an asset.
Compensation will be based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply by fax at 519-326-6356 or through www.naturefresh.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.