We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Packaging Coordinator at our operations in Queretaro, Mexico. This position reports directly to the Director of Packaging.
The Packaging Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the purchasing function including, sourcing, materials, and supplies, managing vendors/suppliers/staff and maintaining control over inventory on hand for our operations in Mexico. They work closely with warehouse operations across North America to assist the company in establishing a purchasing strategy and budget.
Job Specific Duties
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing, delegating, and organizing all activities within the Purchasing department including purchasing of all dry goods and services from internal and external organizations
- Researching items requested, requesting a quote, ordering the most reasonable item based on price, warranty, service, quality and availability
- Issuing P.O. numbers for all purchases
- Managing incoming and pending orders and tracking all purchases and purchasing costs
- Ensuring transfers are arranged to move packaging between internal and external locations as needed for production
- Sales tracking, forecasting, and reporting of dry goods
- Weekly reporting on the department to management
- Attending trade shows/vendor meetings as needed to find new products and new product sources
- Ensure vendor compliance with food safety standards
- Maintain vendor scorecards to track vendor performance
- Managing the department budget to meet the needs of the business
- Processing returns and exchanges
- Reporting and receiving credits for missing products that were not shipped
- Enquiring about warranties, maintaining warranty records, requesting warranty services or replacements
- Maintaining relationships with current vendors, meet with and vet new/potential vendors
- Tracking inventory
- Motivating, coaching, and training staff as needed
- Participating in staff interview and hiring processes as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience in purchasing/procurement at an intermediate to senior level
- 3-5 years supervisory experience
- Ability to speak, read and write fluently in both Spanish and English is a requirement
- Experiencing in greenhouse/produce industry would be a definite asset
- Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Logistics and/or general business courses would be an asset
- Demonstrated abilities to motivate and co-ordinate a team including coaching, employee development and leading teams to performance standards
- Ability to maintain respectful relationships at all levels within and outside the organization while working in a fast-paced environment with time sensitive deadlines
- Customer service orientation, strong level of professionalism and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer systems are required
- Ability to identify issues and problem solve using appropriate resources internally and externally
- Ability to report to senior management in a timely and accurate manner
- Strong communication abilities, active listening skills and written communication skills
- A valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle are required as needed.
- A valid passport and ability to travel locally and internationally are required.
- Mainly office setting with some warehouse/greenhouse as needed
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting.
- Full time hours Monday to Friday with Saturdays and holidays (as needed).
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day
- There may be an occasional need for some heavy lifting (when needed)
- Some travel amongst the different facilities within Mexico as well as internationally when needed.
Compensation will be based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply through www.naturefresh.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.