We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Payroll Specialist for our Farm in Leamington, ON.
We are looking for a strong team player who is detailed oriented that thrives in an environment which encourages innovation and results. This exciting payroll position drives the bi-weekly payroll process, year end, and compliance with Canadian payroll regulations. You will perform tasks related to analysis, execution of payroll processing while maintaining the utmost confidentiality in dealing with employee records and business information. You will be accountable to ensure the timely delivery of payroll, foster strong collaborative relationships with Human Resources & Finance, and ensure compliance with all relevant federal/provincial regulations and taxable benefits, while continually monitoring for business process improvements.
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Ensure all required information is in place to process all payrolls (3) accurately and efficiently.
- Process bi-weekly payroll and, pay increases, bonuses, taxes and deductions for all salaried and hourly employees in the organization.
- Processing terminations, ROE’s, and T4’s.
- Manage the ADP payroll system including the testing and implementation of changes.
- Prepare, calculate, and reconcile all payroll taxes, WSIB, EHT, RRSP remittances.
- Work with Health & Safety team to monitor WSIB claims and statements
- Check payroll information for accuracy and ensure all relevant paperwork is in order.
- Ensure all payroll transactions are in accordance with company policies & procedures, and are in compliance with audit and governance requirements for each applicable Province/State and Federal agency.
- Prepare reports as requested by Human Resources and Finance as needed.
- Participate on special project teams as required and be an integral part of the project team for payroll/system projects.
- Ensure the accurate processing of staff transfers, promotions, and terminations, and maintain all dispersed company paperwork in the applicable systems
- Investigate payroll related questions to provide accurate and timely resolutions.
- Act as liaison with all government agencies and external auditors.
- Responsible for managing payroll deduction processing for benefits.
- Bonus & compensation increases, entries, and accrual management.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive Payroll/Accounting experience for large organizations using ADP.
- Sound fundamental knowledge of payroll policies, practices, and procedures
- Familiarity with and ability to interpret and apply employment legislation to payroll.
- Demonstrates a high level of customer service, integrity, trust, and composure.
- Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) or Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation preferred.
- Adherence to the highest standards of ethical practice in retaining individual privacy.
- High degree of confidentiality regarding company-related matters
- Multi-tasking, time management and prioritizing are essential
- Must be able to work independently but also be a good team player
Salary: Based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply by fax at 519-326-6356, through Indeed, or company website. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
Nature Fresh Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Nature Fresh Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.