We are currently looking for a full-time Procurement Coordinator.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Procurement Coordinator is responsible for coordinating a variety of duties that support and improve the efficacy of the Procurement team.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides support to the Procurement Team with existing suppliers and onboarding new suppliers.
- Inputs PO’s, orders, transfers into Famous/ ERP system.
- Inputs data from Sales and Procurement teams regarding contracts / committed volumes for sales and from Growers.
- Analyzes data to anticipate the future needs from committed sales contracts vs. procured products in order to help with planning.
- Manages contracts/documents with customers and suppliers to ensure proper filing.
- Establishes clear communication with other departments such as Logistics, Warehouse, Sales, Farm, Suppliers, Growers and Management.
- Provides support on short and long-term market forecasts and reports.
- Investigates ways of improving existing products and services within the Procurement Department.
- Ensures product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand from customers.
- Compares and evaluates offers from suppliers.
- Monitors incoming emails and answers or forwards to appropriate parties, as required.
- Collects data and prepares letters, presentations and reports accordingly.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the nature of the Sales Office and the importance of confidentiality, discretion, and sound judgment.
- Provides support on contract negotiations / writing and filing.
- Works with the Allocation team to ensure growers/suppliers are filling the right orders, with the right quality.
- Post-secondary education in business or finance are definite assets.
- Procurement or inventory control experience are definite assets.
- Previous experience working in greenhouse produce or the food manufacturing industry are definite assets.
- Ability to build positive relationships with suppliers, internal departments and other stakeholders through timely follow-up, initiative and communication.
- Exceptional communication abilities, active listening skills and written communication skills.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- Displays strong initiative and able to work independently with little direction, within a fast-paced environment.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft office software packages, including Excel skills.
- Valid passport with the ability to travel to the U.S. as required.
- Most of the day is spent in an office environment.
- Works with a diverse group of people internally and externally.
- Works Monday-Friday, with occasional Saturdays as required. Hours may fluctuate according to business needs. May be required to work after hours as needed.
- Travels to customer locations if required.
Salary: Wage based on experience.
Work Location: Leamington, ON
Job Type: Full-time
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to submit your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com or by fax at 519-326-6356. If you do not have a resume, please complete the information boxes below.