We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position of Production Forklift Operator at our Distribution Center in Leamington, ON.
As part of the Distribution Center team, the Production Forklift Driver is responsible for ensuring products and dry goods are allocated to the appropriate lines and handled in a timely, accurate, safe manner, and equipment is maintained.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Visually inspect forklift prior to operation using the approved Compliance check-off sheet.
- Report any equipment damage or malfunctions to the supervisor or manager.
- Verify orders with pick tickets to ensure accuracy in allocated product and dry goods.
- Delivers allocated product and dry goods using a forklift to the appropriate lines.
- Sorts and distributes product within production/coolers and throughout the warehouse as needed, etc.
- Maintains accurate quantities, weights, and tags per pallet based on orders through inventory counts and stock checks.
- Fulfills requests for product and materials from line leaders/supervisors via radio to ensure production/line needs are met.
- Use of plastic wrap machine.
- Updates and maintains all necessary paperwork in an accurate and timely matter.
- Performs work accurately and efficiently to meet or exceed daily workload requirements.
- Ensures equipment maintenance program and all safety measures/requirements are always being followed.
- Ensures production and coolers are organized, cleaned and protocol for housekeeping is being followed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Forklift experience is an asset – we should require 1 year of forklift experience only because there is a lot of tight maneuvering.
- Able to work well with minimal supervision for most of the shift.
- Fast-paced work environment: flexibility, adaptability, and attention to detail are essential.
- Must display a respectful and positive attitude.
- Safety shoes are mandatory.
- Must be available to work from Sunday-Friday – hours range from 40-55 per week and will fluctuate according to the needs of the business.
- Fast-paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas.
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting. These include offshore workers, locals, contractors, and vendors, etc.
- Some sitting, standing, and walking throughout the warehouse and coolers; however, mainly forklift driving.
- Ability to lift over 20 lbs.
Salary – $20.00/hr
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to send your resume by fax at 519-326-6356, through Indeed, or company website. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration will be contacted. Recruiters, please do not respond to this advertisement.
Nature Fresh Farms is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from candidates, in accordance with all relevant legislation. Nature Fresh Farms provides an accessible environment in which all individuals have access in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.