We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Production Gatekeeper at our distribution center operation in Laredo, TX.
The gatekeeper is responsible for the tracking and tagging of all product in the production area. The Gatekeeper ensures that all personnel in the production area are following all policies and procedures to ensure the final quality of the product.
- Gate Keeper should always remain on the floor and is also responsible for system input of any kind
- Ensure that all boxes are counted and/or weighed and that all pallets are tagged as they enter and leave the Repack department
- Provide tag info to the to record all Repack related produce and dry goods activity in ERP System
- Quickly identify and resolve all tag issues and ensure that records correspond to corrections and/or notes in ERP System
- Report issues/concerns to the Production Planner
- Monitor #2s and dumped product on each line, ensuring that they are properly isolated, counted/weighed and reported for each supplier and ensure proper entry into the ERP System
- Must confirm the count on all pallets and tag all pallets before they leave their respective lines or locations
- Review input for ERP System received from Line Leads, prior to processing
- Ensure ongoing communication with Line Leads and Production Supervisor and Production Planner
- Report any Food Safety or Health and Safety concerns immediately to the Production Supervisor and Production Planner
- Make all labels/stickers accurately and according to specifications
- Ensure all line materials (exp. Labels, etc.) are ready prior to the supplies being needed
- Flexibility to change with new information and adapt to changing conditions and obstacles
- Employee is able to complete all work duties and procedures efficiently, according to instructions given by supervisor and management
- Employee can complete duties with minimal supervision
- Employee can provide accurate information to their supervisor based on their knowledge of duties and responsibilities
- Employee is accustomed to all health and safety policies and procedures put out by Nature Fresh Farms
- Employee has the ability to communicate well with fellow employees and their supervisor(s)
- The Production Gatekeeper spends all their time in the Production area
- Day spent between office and warehouse setting
- Expected to work daytime hours Monday – Saturday, hours my fluctuate according to business needs
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas to warmer environments in the warehouse
- Balance between sitting, standing, and walking throughout the warehouse
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting. These include offshore workers, locals, contractors, and vendors, etc.
- Working with minimal supervision during the day but also communicating with other departments as necessary
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day
- Must be capable of lifting and handling heavy loads (up to 30 lbs.)
- Lab coats, hairnets, etc. as well as Health and Safety PPE as required
Compensation: $12.00 to $14.00 per hour
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply in person at 10228 Crossroads Loop – Laredo, TX 78045. By Fax at (956) 307-3028, or through www.naturefresh.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.