We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Production Line Lead at our distribution center operation in Laredo, TX.
The Production Line Lead is responsible for the employees assigned to work in their area. A line Lead shall be knowledgeable of the Texas Health & Safety Regulations. Ensure workers use the personal protective equipment when required. Line Leads must be knowledgeable of their work area procedures and Safety Policies. A line lead must be competent to train, organize and delegate employees on the job to ensure their Safety and job performance. A Line lead must be competent of accurately completing all necessary documents and paperwork pertaining to their work that is required by management. A line lead should be actively involved with management at Nature Fresh to demonstrate and ensure that work areas and employees are always working safely (i.e. if the job requires that PPE should be worn ensure that it is). Each line lead must ensure maximum productivity for employees within their work area.
- Ensure employees clean their snips/clippers at the beginning and end of each shift
- Advise supervisors when employees are not meeting quality, production, safety, or other
- Ensure the line is ready before the start of every job
- Ensure that the line is properly cleaned after every job is completed
- Ensure that every employee on their line is working efficiently
- Provide encouragement to work better when employees on their line are not meeting quality, production, or safety
- Ensure that all products are allocated correctly that are brought to the line and at the end of every job
- Follow instructions on Production Plan and Spec Sheets
- Completes the (Organic-if necessary) Pre/Post-Op checklist at the beginning/end of cleaning the line to ensure all food safety standards are met
- Completes Dry Goods, Line Set Up and Dump Sheets
- Document general labor time punches and job codes
- Flexibility to change with new information and adapt to changing conditions and obstacles
- Employee is able to complete all work duties and procedures efficiently, according to instructions given by supervisor and management
- Employee can complete duties with minimal supervision
- Employee can provide accurate information to their supervisor based on their knowledge of duties and responsibilities
- Employee is accustomed to all health and safety policies and procedures put out by Nature Fresh Farms
- Employee has the ability to communicate well with fellow employees and their supervisor(s)
- Day spent between office and warehouse setting
- Expected to work daytime hours Monday – Saturday, hours my fluctuate according to business needs
- Fast paced warehouse environment where temperatures vary from cooler to temperature-controlled areas to warmer environments in the warehouse.
- Balance between sitting, standing, and walking throughout the warehouse.
- Working with a wide array of people/cultures in a team setting. These include offshore workers, locals, contractors, and vendors, etc.
- Working with minimal supervision during the day but also communicating with other departments as necessary
- Walking, sitting, and standing throughout the day
- Must be capable of lifting and handling heavy loads (up to 30 lbs.)
- Lab coats, hairnets, etc. as well as Health and Safety PPE as required
Compensation: $12.00 to $14.00 per hour
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply in person at 10228 Crossroads Loop – Laredo, TX 78045. By Fax at (956) 307-3028, or through www.naturefresh.ca.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.